Update Freenas version of Emby jail

giacombum

Explorer
I've installed in the past Emby server using this guide. Today I've updated my system from FreeNAS 11.2-U6 to FreeNAS 11.2-U8 and then to Freenas 11.3-U1. Everything was ok, but I'm not able to update the FreeNAS release of Emby jail that is still 11.2-RELEASE-p4. I tried to run a

Code:
iocage fetch 11.3-RELEASE
iocage update emby-server

But I obtain the error
Code:
root@captain:~ # iocage update emby-server
Snapshot: rossi-data/iocage/jails/emby-server@ioc_update_11.2-RELEASE-p4_2020-03-22_22-25-51 created.
Updating plugin...
Snapshotting emby-server...
Snapshot already exists
Updating plugin INDEX...
A plugin manifest matching emby-server could not be found!

I get the same error also if I try to use the command
Code:
root@captain:~ # iocage upgrade -r 11.3-release emby-server
Snapshot already exists
Updating plugin INDEX...

Could you please help me to update the jail system? I also tried to update the system inside the jail shell, but I there was something wrong with the kernel version and the freebsd release.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
iocage upgrade -r 11.3-release emby-server
Try it like this: iocage upgrade -r 11.3-RELEASE emby-server

It may also be an issue with the plugin name (perhaps now just called "emby").

There was a post out there talking about how to correct a similar issue with plex, needing to rename the jail to match the plugin properly, so perhaps see if you're comfortable trying that. Otherwise, just re-create a new plugin/jail, it's probably no more complicated than messing with the current one.

giacombum

Explorer
I tried your command, but the problem still persists:
Code:
root@captain:~ # iocage upgrade -r 11.3-RELEASE emby-server
Snapshot already exists
Updating plugin INDEX...

I read about the plugin renaming, but to be honest I haven't understand if the name for emby-server now is just emby. Second option: is there a way to create a new plugin copying all the settings of an old one, except the FreeNAS release?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
is there a way to create a new plugin copying all the settings of an old one, except the FreeNAS release?
Not automatically... How many mounts do you have? Is your Emby database inside the jail (or did you separate the config out with a mount)?

Yorick

Wizard
The plugin name should be "emby". Inside the jail there'll be a json, is that emby.json or emby-server.json, and what is the plugin name set inside that json?

You can use iocage to set the plugin name to emby, or massage that json manually. The jail name itself likely doesn't matter, but the plugin name does.

giacombum

Explorer
The plugin name should be "emby". Inside the jail there'll be a json, is that emby.json or emby-server.json, and what is the plugin name set inside that json?

You can use iocage to set the plugin name to emby, or massage that json manually. The jail name itself likely doesn't matter, but the plugin name does.
Thank you, I've seen your post on Plex. Where I can find the json file inside the jail? I mean, in which path? Or if is it safe, I'll try to modify the plugin name to emby via iocage command. What's your advice?

Last edited:

Yorick

Wizard
I think it's in / , but you can always do a find. I have stopped running plugins, so I can't check my own system.

giacombum

Explorer
I cannot find any emby.json or emby-server.json inside the jail :eek:

So, I'll try to rename the jail using iocage. I'll stop the plugin, then I'll simply run the command
Code:
iocage rename emby-server emby

Do I need to do something more?

Yorick

Wizard
I need to stop talking here, I don't know what I'm doing. You're right there's no emby.json, I just tried installing the plugin from scratch. I can confirm that the jail name has nothing to do with it. I installed a plugin into a jail emby-server and iocage update works. Now where the json is that governs how to upgrade the plugin, I don't know.

Yorick

Wizard
Found it. It's not in the jail itself. Go to /mnt/POOLNAME/iocage/jails/EMBYJAILNAME. You'll find config.json and emby.json, or you should. config.json has a plugin_name, which should be emby. emby.json just needs to be named that.

giacombum

Explorer
Thank you, found!!!! Great! So now I should modify the name of the plugin in the "name" entry of the json file, right?

Yorick

Wizard
Nope. There'll be an entry in config.json that is called "plugin_name". That one needs to be "emby". Then in the same directory, there is a json for emby itself, and that file just needs to be named "emby.json". And that should do it.

nadinio

Dabbler
I know I may be necroing this thread at this point but I had a similar issue and figured out a solution. Perhaps this could help some one else.

For me, it was sonarr and radarr that I could not update. The issue lies in the fact that sonarr, radarr, and emby are unofficial plugins and use a different git repository for the artifact files for the plugins.

Navigate to /mnt/<POOL>/iocage/jails/<JAIL_NAME>/

Modify the config.json and set the plugin_repository to: https://github.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index.git

Then execute iocage upgrade -r 11.3-RELEASE <JAIL_NAME>