Unable to update or add catalog (Truecharts)

babbelbur

Cadet
Hello,

since the day before yesterday I am unable to update the Truecharts catalog. I also tried to newly add the catalog but that didn't work either. The only message I get is the following:

Failed to sync TRUECHARTS catalog: [EFAULT] Invalid operation: ==

I have no idea why the updates stopped to work since I didn't change anything on the NAS box.

Any advice?

The used URL for the catalog is https://github.com/truecharts/catalog

whizzard

Dabbler
I have been getting this same error. Haven't been able to update for a few days.

babbelbur

Cadet

whizzard

Dabbler

whizzard

Dabbler
I also got a more detailed error log:

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 243, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 202, in _process_chunk
    return [fn(*args) for args in chunk]
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 202, in <listcomp>
    return [fn(*args) for args in chunk]
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/catalogs_linux/items.py", line 20, in item_details
    k: v for k, v in get_item_details(item_location, questions_context, {'retrieve_versions': True}).items()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/catalogs_linux/items_util.py", line 53, in get_item_details
    item_data.update(get_item_details_impl(item_location, schema, questions_context, {
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/catalogs_linux/items_util.py", line 116, in get_item_details_impl
    **get_item_version_details(version_details['location'], questions_context)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/catalogs_linux/items_util.py", line 146, in get_item_version_details
    'values': get_item_default_values(version_data)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/catalogs_linux/items_util.py", line 19, in get_item_default_values
    return construct_schema(version_details, {}, False)['new_values']
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/schema.py", line 39, in construct_schema
    verrors.add_child('values', validate_schema(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/validators.py", line 274, in validate_schema
    schema.clean(data)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 710, in clean
    data.update(self.get_defaults(data, self.get_attrs_to_skip(data), verrors))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 674, in get_attrs_to_skip
    check_data = self.get_defaults(data, {}, ValidationErrors(), False) if not self.update else data
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 722, in get_defaults
    data[attr.name] = self._clean_attr(attr, NOT_PROVIDED, verrors)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 727, in _clean_attr
    return attr.clean(value)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 674, in get_attrs_to_skip
    check_data = self.get_defaults(data, {}, ValidationErrors(), False) if not self.update else data
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 722, in get_defaults
    data[attr.name] = self._clean_attr(attr, NOT_PROVIDED, verrors)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 727, in _clean_attr
    return attr.clean(value)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 675, in get_attrs_to_skip
    for attr, attr_data in filter(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 676, in <lambda>
    lambda k: not filter_list([check_data], k[1]['filters']), self.conditional_defaults.items()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/utils/__init__.py", line 163, in filter_list
    elif not filterop(f):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/utils/__init__.py", line 140, in filterop
    raise ValueError('Invalid operation: {}'.format(op))
ValueError: Invalid operation: ==
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 411, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 448, in __run_body
    rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1209, in run_in_thread
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.thread_pool_executor, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1206, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1276, in nf
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1146, in nf
    res = f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/catalogs_linux/items.py", line 114, in items
    trains = self.get_trains(job, catalog, options)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/catalogs_linux/items.py", line 171, in get_trains
    for index, result in enumerate(zip(items, exc.map(
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 559, in _chain_from_iterable_of_lists
    for element in iterable:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 600, in result_iterator
    yield fs.pop().result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 440, in result
    return self.__get_result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 389, in __get_result
    raise self._exception
ValueError: Invalid operation: ==

whizzard

Dabbler
I think it may be because I am still on Angelfin... I am going to update to Bluefin and see how it goes.

whizzard

Dabbler
upgrade worked, and truecharts is working as it did before again. I had a little hiccup with my applications and needed to uncheck "safe host paths" in my kubernetes after the upgrade but now all is working as it should. I think maybe truecharts is not supporting the older version anymore or maybe they will patch it later. good luck!

babbelbur

Cadet
Updating to Bluefin (completely missed that) and unchecking "Enable Host Path Safety Checks" did the trick for me, also. But unchecking the safety checks to get kubernetes to run doesn't feel reassuring. Is this really the best way to get this up again?

whizzard

Dabbler
Did you have to disable that to get your apps to start? If you want to avoid the workaround you can resolve it by reinstalling the app (or apps) and use a safe host path.

doze5

Dabbler
I have the same problem with TrueNAS SCALE 22.02.4 Failed to sync TRUECHARTS catalog: [EFAULT] Invalid operation: ==
On newer TrueNAS apps didn't start for me so I had to downgrade. I think there is someone from truecharts on forum - maybe he will help us?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I think there is someone from truecharts on forum - maybe he will help us?
He might find this thread eventually. If/when he does, he will likely remind you that the primary support channel for TrueCharts is their Discord server.

babbelbur

Cadet
Setting "Route v4 Interface" and "Route v4 Gateway" in the "Advances Settings" did the trick for me. No need for unsafe host paths...

taltamir

Dabbler
you need to upgrade scale to bluefin 22.12.xx
The server itself says
Click for information on TrueNAS SCALE Migration, Nightly trains and other upgrade options.
that page does not specify anything about angelfish and bluefin

looking into it else. angelfish is the stable release and bluefin is the beta release according to the info I found.
indicates that bluefin is still beta/early release/untested.

why would we need to switch to beta to get the truecharts to work?

danb35

Hall of Famer
why would we need to switch to beta to get the truecharts to work?
22.12 is "Bluefin," and it's been stable (well, insofar as a .0 release from iX is ever stable)/release since last December.

lo7847

Cadet
Setting "Route v4 Interface" and "Route v4 Gateway" in the "Advances Settings" did the trick for me. No need for unsafe host paths...
How do I do that exactly? I went to network > global configuration Mine have been set the same for a year now and I haven't had any problems tell recently

Attachments

• truenas global configuration.jpg
    truenas global configuration.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 763

chrim

Cadet