SOLVED Cannot load application catalog

dalewis62

Cadet
I cannot load either the default catalog or TrueCharts catalog. I get essentially the same error for both and appears to be a certificate error. Not sure where this certificate is found so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Error: [EFAULT] Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truenas/charts.git' repository at '/mnt/Data/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truenas_charts_git_master' destination: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/truenas/charts.git /mnt/Data/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truenas_charts_git_master stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/Data/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truenas_charts_git_master'... fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/truenas/charts.git/': server certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none '

dalewis62

Cadet
In case needed - I am running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4

joeschmuck

Old Man
In case needed - I am running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4
You should post your entire hardware configuration per the Forum Rules (at the top of each forum page in red letters).

dalewis62

Cadet
Appreciate the feedback. I have added my hardware config to signature.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Its usually a networking issue.. can you confirm that the NAS has access to github....

dalewis62

Cadet

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I get a good ping to www.github.com from the NAS.
Apologies I skipped the server certificate error... and was thinking of the system not being able to download the catalog.

Date and time in BIOS?

dalewis62

Cadet
Problem solved. Winner foes to morganL the date and time in BIOS was year off.

sking0379

Cadet
My server is able to ping everywhere and the date is dead on, but I continue to get those errors

Louis2

Contributor
I could download the catalogs, no issue there. However I get the error:

Failed to sync OFFICIAL catalog: [EFAULT] Network activity "Catalog(s) information" is disabled​

I got this error due to an automatic update sync and also when I try to refresh the calatlog(s) by hand.

I think it is related.

Update:
I found (my) problem. In global configuration the setting for 'Outbound Network' was Deny all. I changed that to Allow Specific and enablinging "Catalogus information and Update' I probably have to update some more.

Last edited:

codefry

Cadet
Apologies I skipped the server certificate error... and was thinking of the system not being able to download the catalog.

Date and time in BIOS?

That saved me so much time. Bios clock was totally off and even though my network was setup correctly, the server cert verification failed.