Unable to map only TrueNAS, can map other NAS devices, from a remote network using Tailscale

Good day! I'm fairly new to this and am trying to get it to work. I would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

At the end of the day, I need to be able to map the TrueNAS on a PC that's on a remote network.

As it stands, everything on the local network works beautifully- we can map network drives all day long.

We have Tailscale which lets us back into our network when we're remote, which is great, but there are two problems.

First, the Tailscale client won't finish deploying on TrueNAS Scale, regardless of the source it's installed from, as described by a few other threads I've seen on here, and nothing I've tried has resolved that- but we've got a Tailscale Subnet Router advertising the route to the network as a whole, so it shouldn't matter too much if we can't get the client on the NAS, it would just be a nice-to-have.

Second, when remote, we can map any network drive we'd like EXCEPT the TrueNAS. We have to use the IP address instead of the friendly name, but the functionality is there. When we try to map the TrueNAS we error out with two errors. One says that the network name cannot be found, the other states, "Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network...." We have no issue mapping other NAS devices in this manner, only the TrueNAS. We can ping the TrueNAS without issue while on a remote network.

Thank you very much for your time and attention on this!

-Seth