Trouble Connecting to SMB Shares via Tailscale on Remote Network

lucv

Dabbler
Hey Trunas Scale Community,

I'm reaching out for some assistance with a connectivity issue I've been experiencing with my Trunas Scale server and Tailscale setup. Here's the situation:

I've recently set up the Tailscale app on both my Trunas Scale server and my laptop. Everything works smoothly when I'm on my local network—I can easily access the SMB shares on my Trunas Scale server from my laptop.

However, when I switch my laptop to a 5G network or any remote network, I'm unable to connect to my SMB shares. It seems like there's an issue with accessing the shares over a remote connection.

I've double-checked my Tailscale configuration, and both devices are connected to the Tailscale network without any issues. However, I'm not sure what additional steps I need to take to ensure that I can access my SMB shares from remote networks.

I'd greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions you can offer to help me troubleshoot this issue. What configurations should I check or adjust to enable access to my SMB shares via Tailscale on remote networks?

Here are some screenshots that might be useful, please feel free to let me know if any other information might come in more useful:
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 23.33.17.png

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 23.32.54.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Luc