Unable to delete iocage dataset

intavg

Dabbler
I am fairly new to TrueNAS and have been experimenting with jails and vms. I have two data pools, the smaller of which is called "VMPool" which is where the iocage dataset was created, and where I put all of the datasets related to VMs, such as iso images.

I want to replace VMPool with a new pool that will have much larger drives. I have deleted all of the plugins, jails and virtual machines, and I have deleted all of the other datasets in VMPool. However, when I try to delete the iocage dataset, I get the following error:

[EFAULT] Failed to delete dataset: cannot unmount '/mnt/VMPool/iocage/releases/13.1-RELEASE/root': pool or dataset is busy cannot unmount '/mnt/VMPool/iocage/releases/13.1-RELEASE': pool or dataset is busy cannot unmount '/mnt/VMPool/iocage/releases': pool or dataset is busy cannot unmount '/mnt/VMPool/iocage': pool or dataset is busy

What do I need to do to release whatever file is being locked so that I can remove the pool?

Did you move your iocage dataset back to the other data pool?

iocage-location.png

intavg

Dabbler
I did, and I have an iocage dataset on the other pool that the Jails configuration is pointing at.

What do these reveal? (You might even have to reboot, sadly.)

Code:
iocage list -l

Code:
zfs mount | grep iocage

Code:
mount | grep iocage

It's possible there's a stuck process, which is why you cannot destroy the datasets. Because normally, you don't need to delete the iocage dataset. It's destroyed automatically when you move it to another pool.

This is why I think a reboot will likely clear up the the issue.

intavg

Dabbler
I ended up rebooting overnight while the server was idle, and that cleared the issue. Thanks for the assistance and advice. I appreciate it.