iocage permissions messed up: b jexec: execvp: /bin/sh: Permission denied\n', b''

fizarde

Cadet
TrueNAS-12.0-U4.1
  • Plugins in multiple jails all worked fine. One day, syncthing crashed.

• after a deinstallation of syncthing i changed the permissions of the jail dataset.
    New install of syncthing didn't work, resulting in error:
    Code:
    Exception: RuntimeError Message: + Starting services FAILED 
    ERROR: 
    [b'jexec: execvp: /bin/sh: Permission denied\n', b''] Refusing to start Sync: exec_start failed 
    Partial plugin destroyed 

Sync being the Name of the Jail.

• Thinking this must be the fault of missing permissions, i applied permissions with full control for root recursively and for all child datasets to iocage. (This was probably a mistake)

• Another (manually installed) jail with radarr and sonarr is still working fine, but i can't
    • Install plugins via plugin manager. Tried multiple (syncthing, nextcloud, emby)
    • Start new, manually added jails. Creating the jails worked fine though.

• A mod suggested (in a thread with a similar problem) to strip the ACLs. This failed with error:
    Code:
    [EFAULT] Winacl clone on path /mnt/Studio/iocage failed with error: 
    [winacl: dev: acl_set_file() failed: Operation not supported
    winacl: dev: set_acl() failed: Operation not supported]

• I wanted to delete iocage to do a fresh reinstall, but this failed too with error:
    Code:
    [EFAULT] Failed to delete dataset: 
    cannot unmount '/mnt/Studio/iocage/jails/OpenVPNclient/root': unmount failed 
    cannot unmount '/mnt/Studio/iocage/jails/OpenVPNclient': unmount failed 
    cannot unmount '/mnt/Studio/iocage/jails': unmount failed 
    cannot unmount '/mnt/Studio/iocage/jails/OpenVPNclient/root': unmount failed 
    cannot destroy snapshot Studio/iocage/releases/12.2-RELEASE/root@OpenVPNclient: snapshot is cloned 
    cannot unmount '/mnt/Studio/iocage/releases/12.2-RELEASE': unmount failed 
    cannot unmount '/mnt/Studio/iocage/releases': unmount failed 
    cannot unmount '/mnt/Studio/iocage': unmount failed

OpenVPNclient is the still working jail.

• Tried to install a plugin after each step to check if it worked, it never did. Always the same error as before:
    Code:
    b'jexec: execvp: /bin/sh: Permission denied\n', b''
I'm pretty lost, please help

fizarde

Cadet
FIXED
If anyone has a similar problem: fixed it by setting iocage_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf and re-fetching the current version of iocage

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
If anyone has a similar problem: fixed it by setting iocage_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf
That will be deleted at the next reboot, so I am not quite sure what you achieved here.

and re-fetching the current version of iocage
What precisely do you mean by that? pkg install py38-iocage?