Error after Upgrade vom 11.2-U8 to 11.3: cannot unmount '/mnt/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root': Device busy

pasco

Dabbler
After I upgraded my system from 11.2-U8 to 11.3 I get the following error message when I try to access "Plugins" or "Jails" from the webinterface: "cannot unmount '/mnt/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root': Device busy"

I've already tried to unmount the mentioned pool manually by:

Code:
zfs unmount -f /mnt/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root

But I get the following error message:

Code:
Sorry, user root is not allowed to execute '/sbin/zfs unmount -f /mnt/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root' as root on <myfreenas-System>

So I can't start my nextcloud-plugin anymore.

Any help is very appreciated. Thanks in advance.
p@sco

Fourteen20

Cadet
i have this too, can start and stop iocage jails (were created from command line originally) but cannot see them in webgui
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/zfs.py", line 20, in run
    cp.check_returncode()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 444, in check_returncode
    self.stderr)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['zfs', 'inherit', 'mountpoint', 'multimedia1/iocage']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 130, in call_method
    io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1091, in _call
    return await run_method(methodobj, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1015, in _run_in_conn_threadpool
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__ws_threadpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1003, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 965, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 563, in query
    self.check_dataset_existence()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 876, in check_dataset_existence
    IOCCheck(migrate=True, reset_cache=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_check.py", line 62, in __init__
    self.__check_migrations__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_check.py", line 76, in __check_migrations__
    self.iocage_dataset.inherit_property('mountpoint')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/resource.py", line 33, in inherit_property
    inherit_property(self.resource_name, prop)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/zfs.py", line 233, in inherit_property
    return run(['zfs', 'inherit', ds_property, dataset]).returncode == 0
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/zfs.py", line 22, in run
    raise ZFSException(cp.returncode, cp.stderr)
iocage_lib.zfs.ZFSException: cannot unmount '/mnt/iocage/jails': Device busy

pasco

Dabbler
I'm really stuck. Is there a possibility to roll the upgrade back? From 11.3 to 11.2?

IronRobi

Explorer
Has anybody found a fix for this? Getting the same error, can't access jails or plugins from the GUI

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I'm really stuck. Is there a possibility to roll the upgrade back? From 11.3 to 11.2?
Roll back by selecting the old boot environment from the list under system-> boot

IronRobi

Explorer
@pasco @Fourteen20
I found the fix from a thread on reddit.

I had a spare drive kicking around so I threw it into my system and created a new pool.
I went into Jails and clicked the setting icon then chose the new pool I just created as the plug/jail storage pool
Rebooted
Went back into Jail settings and switched the pool back to the original.

Errors are gone and all my jails are showing.

pasco

Dabbler
@IronRobi You are my hero! Your workaround solved my problems very smoothly too! THANKS SO MUCH! And now, I will backup all my photos in the nextcloud as next step. This was a good lesson ;-)

Fourteen20

Cadet
i had an interesting issue, i was replicating my ssd pool to my hdd pool for backup, on one of the upgrades it must have detected the backup dataset as the main iocage and double mounted the ssd and hdd iocage datasets, i was looking around and finall found it by running
zfs list -o mounted,mountpoint,name
changed the mountpoint of hdd dataset to none, rebooted and all was fixed.