Unable to Delete Folder on NFS using Linux

NegativeR

Cadet
I'm unable to delete folders on an NFS share I'm running from TrueNAS using Linux. I've tried it with two different versions of Linux: PopOS, which uses the Nautilus file manager, and Mint Mate, which uses the Caja file manager. I receive an error message that reads:

"You do not have sufficient permissions to delete the folder [...] Input/output error."

I am able to:
  • Delete files on this NFS share using Linux;
  • Delete folders and files on this NFS share using MacOS; and
  • Delete folders and files on an SMB share served by this same TrueNAS machine using Linux.
I'm running Mapall User from the TrueNAS side that should give any user accessing the NFS share the ability to read, write and execute, which proves true on MacOS but I can't figure out why that's the not case for the Linux machines.

I'm running TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1.

Any help on how to be able to delete of folders on my NFS share using Linux would be greatly appreciated!

Just curious, how are you accessing the NFS filesystem with your Linux computer?

It sounds like you're using Nautilus or Caja (GVFS) rather than explicitly mounting it via "mount -t nfs"

NegativeR

Cadet
Just curious, how are you accessing the NFS filesystem with your Linux computer?

It sounds like you're using Nautilus or Caja (GVFS) rather than explicitly mounting it via "mount -t nfs"

I typically mount it using the file explorer GUI (i.e. Nautilus or Caja) under Networks. I'm fairly confident that they're mounted as I'm able to access the contents of the NFS share after connecting to it and I'm given the option to "Unmount" the NFS share afterwards.

I hadn't previously mounted the NFS share using Terminal but I just did so by running
Code:
sudo mount XXX.XXX.X.XX:/mnt/Storage/Media/mnt
and, while it did successfully mount, I'm still unable to delete any folders on the NFS share.