Unable to configure networking after system migration using backup + restore

douglasg14b

Dabbler
This is very similar to: https://www.truenas.com/community/t...-system-migration-using-backup-restore.54501/

After installing TrueNAS on another device, networking works correctly and I have DHCP address. After I upload my FreeNAS config to it, networking seems broken. I no longer have DHCP, and static IPs don't allow network access, no routes are added when I setup a static IP. Nothing seems to work correctly. If I reset the defaults, it goes back to working as expected.

Unlike the linked post, I am not presented with an option to delete the interface on any of my interfaces, and no amount of configuration seems to bring things back to a working state.

What do I do? If this keeps breaking, how do I migrate my disks and everything else over without the backup/restore?

I'm using an r720XD with a broadcom NIC, not consumer hardware, if that matters.

FreeNAS config on a TrueNAS server? I'm not sure this is possible between major operating system versions?

Have you considered following the guide Moving FreeNAS to new Hardware? Once you've moved across to the new h/w, then upgrade FreeNAS to TrueNAS.

douglasg14b

Dabbler
I'm afraid that networking will still be a problem, and that I'm left with an unusable configuration/NAS for an extended period of time. I unfortunately need to make this transition as quickly as possible, and for it to be reliable. I have a downtime budget of <1h.

Is there a way to transfer the ZFS pools over? I can always setup the users, groups, and shares manually, import the pools, then transfer the disks?