No configured interfaces found after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwslippey

Contributor
So I've been wanting, for a while to add in a SATA backup to play around with using an off-site drive rotation strategy. Per the advise here I avoided USB and installed an LSI card and a SATA hotswap bay.

Today I installed the hotswap bay and card, didn't even put a drive in the bay yet and now I can't get networking to work.

I seem to remember having this issue before after an update but I can't find or remember what the issue was.

It shows both interfaces when I go to configure but after configuration I still get nothing. Same result, unless I set a static IP in which case the error goes away but I still can't connect.

I even added another NIC (yes an intel nic) All are seen just fine but still no go after attempting to configure all of the NICS (individually to keep thing simple)

It's a supermicro board so not a cheap realtek, but I'm at a loss.

I'd offer the dmesg output but it's too much for one screen so I can't even read it all

rwslippey

Contributor
Ok,

I'm an idiot...

So I bumped a network cable. Never thought of it because I still had internet on my laptop. My wireless access point hits the router directly, the cable in question had a funky end and came out of the switch right next to the NAS...

Is it plugged in? Nope, I failed

Status
Not open for further replies.