two machines same iscsi target - corrupt - gone?

redbone

Cadet
After getting errors and not being able to connect again and a little search, I realized I've messed up. I connected two machines to the same iscsi target and now... I can't read the target anywhere.

Is there any way to recover from this or have I lost everything?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
At this point, you don't have an iSCSI problem. You have a whatever-filesystem-you-were-running problem.

Most likely, you can expect significant damage to the filesystem, with some recovery options.

For future readers, this is the sort of thing you don't do unless you're absolutely sure that the filesystem on the iSCSI share allows for it. Most filesystems are designed under the assumption that you can only connect a disk to a single computer at once.

redbone

Cadet
Oh Yea... I know I screwed up pretty quickly. I'm the example for sure. This is the first time I've done iscsi outside the drobo world. Drobo and drobo software won't allow this. Microsoft ISCIS initiator has no issues with allowing this to happen.

If you tell Linux to cut it's arm off with a chainsaw, it has no problem doing so. I wish there was something that would prevent this though.

Thanks for the quick answer. I'm actually not seeing any recovery options though.

sretalla