iSCSI Noob question - Target Not Showing Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwisherSweet

Contributor
I have setup two zvols:

1. machine1-backup
2. machine2-backup

#1 zvol will be attached to "machine1" Windows VM.
#2 zbol will be attached to "machine2" Windows VM.

I have successfully gotten #1 to work by:

1. Created a Portal (IP not specified; only 1 IP on FreeNAS server)
2. Created a Target using the initiator name from the "machine1" iSCSI config
3. Created an Extent called "machine1-backup", selecting the zvol device "machine1-backup" and leaving all other settings default.
4. Associated the extent and target from the steps above under "Associated Targets"

I was then able to see the target in Windows under the "Targets" tab in iSCSI Initiator, mount the disk and use it fine.

However, I cannot get the second VM to connected using the same steps. Here's what I did for the second:

1. Used the same Portal from the first Machine. I assume this is correct?
2. Created a Target using the initiator name from the "machine2" iSCSI config
3. Created an Extent called "machine2-backup", selecting the zvol device "machine2-backup" and leaving all other settings default.
4. Associated the extent and target from the steps above under "Associated Targets"

However, unlike "machine1", I am unable to see the target under the "Targets" tab in iSCSI Initiator.

Note, the VMs are NOT on FreeNAS. They are running on a Mac Server on the same local network.

Does anyone know what step(s) I may be missing?

SwisherSweet

Contributor
I guess there was nothing wrong. I just entered the IP address of the server into iSCSI Initiator and clicked Quick Connect and it found the targets.

That raises another question. What if I changed the IP address of my server? Will this break the iSCSI setup?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.