trying to use truenas as google drive/mega (i have no idea how to)

jvk199613

Cadet
Hello everyone!

Im absolutely noob at this world of NAS servers... I have a friend/client that wants to have a NAS at office with 8 to 12 for backup their files, each one with their own password. I´ve done some tests at home on windows, and it works perfect!

The problem i have now its that my friend/client is interested that the files saved in the NAS can be accesed from other locations such as employee homes with the aim that the files are synchronized without the need to go to the office, so... how can i do this possible?

I found some videos about this and i got a no-ip domain and tried to setup without any progress. At another videos they talked about nextcloud, i´ve already installed it and i found it has apps for mobile and desktops, it sounds to be the solution to my problem but i have no idea how to configure it and if it will work with remote access.

Now I am at a standstill not knowing how the access would work so that the employees could upload their files daily or manage the files that are stored on the nas server. The idea that my client has is that it works with a desktop or web application similar to Mega or google drive.

Please if theres someone that could help me using simple mortal words it would be great :(

Thank you very much for reading this and sorry if it is a bit confusing or if the writing is not the best.

GBillR

Contributor