Truenas stop working. It says 'Panic:' please help

Seigiro

Cadet
photo_2024-02-20_10-43-37.jpg

I've been using my nas for a year at least, never having a problem. last night internet went down when it came back I couldn't connect, so i press the power button and let it turn off, and when i tried to turn it on this appeared.
Please, I need help.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
You have a dead CPU, according to your screen shot.

CPU 3 UNCOR DCACHE L1 DRD error. If this is a typical Ryzen multi-core CPU, you're stuck replacing the whole package. However, you can transplant your disks into another system and import your pool, and then import your config, and you'll be back in business.

Seigiro

Cadet
You have a dead CPU, according to your screen shot.

CPU 3 UNCOR DCACHE L1 DRD error. If this is a typical Ryzen multi-core CPU, you're stuck replacing the whole package. However, you can transplant your disks into another system and import your pool, and then import your config, and you'll be back in business.
Man, really? Just the CPU? You are giving me my life back by saying that it isn't any disk.
I just read the line, I didn't understand it was that.

It's not a ryzen it's an old phenom II x6 1090T.

So, if I just replace the CPU it just turn on normally? Or should I do something else to the NAS?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
if I just replace the CPU it just turn on normally? Or should I do something else to the NAS?
If you can replace the CPU, that should be all that's needed to avoid the issue you saw.

If you can't find a similar replacement at a reasonable price, switching out the whole board is also OK, but may require you to look at your network settings for jails and VMs to have them run after the swap.

Seigiro

Cadet
If you can replace the CPU, that should be all that's needed to avoid the issue you saw.

If you can't find a similar replacement at a reasonable price, switching out the whole board is also OK, but may require you to look at your network settings for jails and VMs to have them run after the swap.
It's a Motherboard am3+ where I had a FX 8350 running years before the phenom
So, with just replacing it, it should work right? If not I might get another phenom in the facebook market or mercadolibre

Again to both, thank you for the help
And sorry for reasking probably stupid questions, i'm sure i might be a bit redundant

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
with just replacing it, it should work right?
If it's a compatible CPU, that should be enough... assuming you didn't upgrade the memory after the CPU to a clock rate or amount not supported by the older one.

Seigiro

Cadet
If it's a compatible CPU, that should be enough... assuming you didn't upgrade the memory after the CPU to a clock rate or amount not supported by the older one.
Nope, everything is as it was use the first time, just changed the CPU once. before using the pc as a NAS.
Thank you very much for the help. In a few hours or tomorrow I'll post an update here if everything's okay.

Seigiro

Cadet
Hi again, sorry for not being able to respond before.
So, I changed my CPU a phenom II 1090T for my FX 8350 on a asus crosshair V formula Z motherboard.
Try to turned it on it says that theres problem withe the overclocking settings, so I cleared the CMOS, disconnected the pc from power, disconnected the hardrives, pressed the clear cmos turn it on again, get into the bios, check that the settings are different, turn it on and of again, and it says: "this is a freeNAS data disk and can not boot system system halted" changed a bit the boot ordern and I got "the system found unauthorized changes on the firmware operating system or uefi drivers truenas"
Put it right back and again the 'halted' message.

What Am I doing Wrong? And what should I do...

sretalla