TrueNAS Scale VM shutting down unexpectedly

skyforest

Cadet
Hi there

I've looked at several other threads trying to see if someone else has had this issue, but thus far I can't find anything. I've got a TrueNAS Scale install running on an ESXi VM. The system has thus far been very stable, having been up for months without any issues. About three days ago, all of my network services had stopped. To my surprise, I found that the TrueNAS VM had been shut down in ESXi. TrueNAS seemed to start just fine when I booted it up and I was able to reconnect the relevant data stores, reboot the other VMs located on those data stores, etc. Then, probably just under 24 hours later, everything stopped working again and I found the TrueNAS VM shut down. I rebooted the host just in case, started up the TrueNAS VM, then another 24 hours later, found it stopped again.

I've been crawling through ESXi's logs, and from what I can gather, the shutdown request is being initiated by TrueNAS. Of course, when I login to TrueNAS, I have a notification saying the system has just recovered from an unexpected reboot. I've also been scrolling through the TrueNAS logs (/var/log/) but haven't found anything yet.

Has anyone ever experienced this behavior before / does anyone have suggestions for how to go about further debugging?

Any advice is gratefully received!

Many thanks