middlewared shutting down or crashing?

boxer.craig

Cadet
Hello. Has anyone had an issue with TrueNAS middlewared shutting down?
My setup:
Supermicro X11SSl-F with Xeon E3-1230 v5, 32GB ram
ESXI 6.7
TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.0 as VM with 16GB ram, 32GB for boot drive
IBM 1015 HBA in IT mode passed through, with 7 drives attached.
I have been running this same system for at least 6 years and have only had to replace a few old failing drives.

I had previously ran FreeNAS 11 and decided to update to TrueNAS Core. I could not access my shares using NFS for some reason, so did a clean install but wanted to check out Scale.
I have seen that after a few days I cannot access the web interface. The CLI was available to use through the ESXI console, and I saw a message about the middlewared not running. I checked the service status and it said it was not running, but didn't grab a screen capture for more details. Restarted the service but could not connect to the web interface so rebooted the TrueNAS VM.
When I was also running TrueNAS Core, I noticed I was loosing my connection to my drives. With this I am wondering if my HBA is failing? Seems coincidental though that I have only begun having some issues after updating my system.

How can I help best for providing more info to try to troubleshoot what my system is experiencing? I think I have a spare HBA somewhere so can start with swapping this out. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help
Craig

Last edited: