TrueNAS Scale Nightly

maxh2

Cadet
Hi guys,

There are any TrueNAS nightlies to download ? I just saw a post but I can't find them.

Thanks,
Max

maximelu

Explorer

ornias

Wizard
There are no new features in the Nightly and a lot of things break once in a while.
Hence I HEAVILY suggest you stick with ALPHA and (in a few weeks) BETA.

If you need to ask where to download it, I doubt you're the target audience to actually bugtest it byond what is already possible with the ALPHA. ;-)

maxh2

Cadet
There are no new features in the Nightly and a lot of things break once in a while.
Hence I HEAVILY suggest you stick with ALPHA and (in a few weeks) BETA.

If you need to ask where to download it, I doubt you're the target audience to actually bugtest it byond what is already possible with the ALPHA. ;-)

I just want the latest fixes. I just have a spare HP which it does only one thing: file server. Nothing fancy. A simple file server with 2 users, and only one user (me) connected sometimes.

Hi,

The iso :
Index of /62993/tnscale/truenas-scale-nightly/
or if you prefer to use the update file directoy on a TrueNAS Scale instance :
Index of /62993/freenasupdate/scale/TrueNAS-SCALE-Angelfish-Nightlies/

These links come from this page : Developer's Notes | (truenas.com)

Thank you.

Last edited:

ornias

Wizard
I just want the latest fixes. I just have a spare HP which it does only one thing: file server. Nothing fancy. A simple file server with 2 users, and only one user (me) connected sometimes.
Please run ALPHA, I really know what i'm talking about.
Even for TrueCharts development(!) we do not advice using nightly anymore, because besides fixes you also get a LOT of thing breaking while iX works on things. Even iX doesn't advice doing what you plan to do.

But if you are okey with a non-functional system once every 2 weeks or so, have fun.

josh.walls

Dabbler
Hi @ornias not to piggyback here but I just saw this. The tech working my jira ticket requested I update to a nightly. Is that still a bad idea?

maxh2

Cadet
Please run ALPHA, I really know what i'm talking about.
Even for TrueCharts development(!) we do not advice using nightly anymore, because besides fixes you also get a LOT of thing breaking while iX works on things. Even iX doesn't advice doing what you plan to do.

But if you are okey with a non-functional system once every 2 weeks or so, have fun.

That's not a problem. I just installed TrueNAS Scale because for some reasons my Ubuntu Server wouldn't mount properly with fstab (with read and write permissions). Now it works perfectly with the same user permissions.

SMB seems to work fine so for me that's okay.

ornias

Wizard
Hi @ornias not to piggyback here but I just saw this. The tech working my jira ticket requested I update to a nightly. Is that still a bad idea?
It depends.
I suggest discussion with the Tech in question what you use the machine for and determine with him/her weither it's safe/warranted in your specific case :)

SMB seems to work fine so for me that's okay.
Just to be clear: The thing with Nightlies is: It might stop working tomorrow.

sretalla