SCALE offline update - iso file not usable?

flashdrive

Patron

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Yes, you use that .update file, not the ISO to update from the webui.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Would it be right to say that you could use the ISO to boot and upgrade from the install menus?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Would it be right to say that you could use the ISO to boot and upgrade from the install menus?

Yes, you can indeed upgrade that way as well, if the online updating mechanisms aren't working for some reason.

c77dk

Patron
@Kris Moore - I'm tempted to use the .update file and go to NIGHTLIES for the time being (might as well help do some debugging). When 21.10 (-RC?) is released should I then be able to boot back into my current 21.08 BE and upgrade from there? Or what would be the best way to get back on the "stable" (as stable as a BETA/RC is) track, when 21.10 drops?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
@Kris Moore - I'm tempted to use the .update file and go to NIGHTLIES for the time being (might as well help do some debugging). When 21.10 (-RC?) is released should I then be able to boot back into my current 21.08 BE and upgrade from there? Or what would be the best way to get back on the "stable" (as stable as a BETA/RC is) track, when 21.10 drops?

Yes, keep that 21.08 BE around, and reboot back into that to perform the update to 21.10 when it lands. That'll let you run the nightly images in the meantime, only catch is that you may need to re-create any changes you make to share configs and whatnot when you roll back.

flashdrive

Patron

flashdrive

Patron
btw: How does one add the "solved" to this thread?