TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.1 Plex does not like Permissions.

oumpa31

Patron
I've been using TrueNAS Scale for quite a while now and i recently did a massive upgrade. So i did a fresh install of 22.12.1 I imported my drives and installed Plex Official.
1680031231501.png

and turned off Enable Host Path Safety Checks because my media is on an SMB share.

I had old ACL permissions on my dataset so i changed them to the ACL Type POSIX on the dataset.
I reset the permissions and set them back up making sure to add myself and apps users. and for some reason plex couldn't see the data so i also tried add the plex user like we had to do in the past. But it still wouldn't see the data until i gave "Other" full privilege's.

1680031656953.png

Am i missing something I would really rather not give "Other" full access to my media library. But i do need plex to be able to write to the media for recording live tv.

oumpa31

Patron
I checked one of the recoding's and instead of plex being user 972 like it use to be its now user 1000 which is weird so i created that user and everything is working fine.

richsmif

Cadet
I also had this issue.
Created group first, plex, ID 1000.
Created user 2nd plex, also 1000
Disable password, reset defaults.
Apply that user to your dataset, i set as read only as i dont want plex users deleting media by accident.

Also make sure your mountpath in the app's config starts with /

/media
/mnt/media-14tb-pool/media

I also disabled hostpath validation which im not happy about - this needs addressing by PLEX.