Cobia TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2 and Plex

lupinlicious

Dabbler
Hello,

I had some previous issues with Apps showing not running: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/issue-with-apps-on-cobia-truenas-scale-23-10-2.116900/

I unset the pool to a different location and then added it back where it was before, and now I can access Plex through the browser, and apps aervice is also running. But I have some issues to display the content in the browser. I have the following:

In the APPS and clicked on Edit for Plex:

Under the "Additional Storage":
Type: Host Path (Path that already exsists on the system)
Mount Path: /Movies
Host Path: /mnt/MEDiA/PlexPass/Movies (here I can see the content of the folder.)

I do not know if I need to enable "Enable ACL" ? This is currently unticked

I open Plex in my browser, I see "Movies" but it's empty, so perhaps permissions issue?

If I go to Storage > Edit ACL /mnt/MEDiA/PlexPass I see the following:

1709475028465.png

If I change to "Owner Group: Plex" and then click on "Save Access Control List" I get Failed: "[EPERM] Filesystem permissions on path /mnt/MEDiA prevent access for user "plex" to the path /mnt/MEDiA/PlexPass. This may be fixed by granting the aforementioned user execute permissions on the path: /mnt/MEDiA."

If I go to Dataset, MEDiA/PlexPass, ACL Type is set to SMB/NFSv4

Any help to get this going again is highly appreciated.

In the console it looks like this

1709475799594.png

in/mnt/MEDiA I have ACL Type: SMB/NFSv4 and ACL Mode: Restricted
Both are greyed out.

Thanks!

Last edited:

lupinlicious

Dabbler
created a new dataset and now it seems to good again.

Juanama8

Cadet
Hi, it solved itself? I have the same problem plex does not see my media and i don't know why. The media is in the correct folder, the names are correct. I've tried everything i can think of. I've uninstalled and installed, deleted and created all the folders. I don't know what to do. Help pls