TrueNAS Help! (Hardware Raid or vMware Virtual HDD)

emrekoc

Dabbler
You need to go into Host > Hardware settings first and activate pass through for the controller. Then in the VM settings add a PCI device, not a disk.
Thanks for reply. I am getting an error following

Mod note: external image deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Please don't use external image hosting sites. You can attach images to forum posts.

The error is probably related to your specific hardware, namely IOMMU topology or similar. If you had not cut the image to show only the controller but had left a handful of devices below and above one might even be able to spot the problematic one.

emrekoc

Dabbler
Please don't use external image hosting sites. You can attach images to forum posts.

The error is probably related to your specific hardware, namely IOMMU topology or similar. If you had not cut the image to show only the controller but had left a handful of devices below and above one might even be able to spot the problematic one.

I apologize. It seems that restarting the host is necessary after making this setting. After restarting the server, I was able to run the HBA330 card in PCI Passthrough mode. I believe I have now achieved a more secure setup compared to my previous scenario. Hopefully, I can now use it without any issues in the long term.

I appreciate all your help.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Not surprising, the PCIe roots have a bunch of config registers that cannot be reset without a full power cycle.