TrueNAS CORE to SCALE Migration: Docker Containers in a VM, fail networking

TitaniaNiox

Cadet
Hey,

I recently changed my homelab from TrueNAS CORE 12.0-U8 to TrueNAS SCALE 22.02-RC-2.

In CORE, I had a Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS virtual machine with a few docker containers, portainer, wireguard, pihole, nginx.

My containers are having issues with outbound connection as well as seeing devices on the same network.

I'm a beginner to Docker, and Kubernetes but this one is in over my head.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If you're trying to run them in a VM... you might first want to ask yourself why you changed to SCALE.

If you want to continue (contrary to logic) and run containers in a VM on scale (where containers can run natively on the host without a VM), you should look at this which should help you to get the bridge setup you should have worked out:

TitaniaNiox

Cadet
If you're trying to run them in a VM... you might first want to ask yourself why you changed to SCALE.

If you want to continue (contrary to logic) and run containers in a VM on scale (where containers can run natively on the host without a VM), you should look at this which should help you to get the bridge setup you should have worked out:

I will be using SCALE to host containers natively. I thought that the VM would still function without too many changes (just swap the network interface) but that doesn't seem to work.

I would be using the Ubuntu VM temporarily as I migriated data over to the new natively running containers