TrueNAS Scale - Clean Up kubernetes/Docker environment

dhaude

Dabbler
Hi there, I recently converted my TrueNAS Core to SCALE and it has been a pretty good experience so far.
I did that mainly in order to use many of the nice Apps/Charts out of the TrueCharts catalog and from the Docker Hub.
Basically I was able to deploy some of the offered public charts and Docker Images - whereby I've to admit that I am an old man and sometimes was struggeling with the huge variety of options to select or set. At the end I just deleted charts/containers which I had trouble with.
The problem started, when I started to 'play around' with Helm Charts. There was no problem to deploy them. I fear I made mistakes by modifying some settings.
All of a sudden I could not any longer display my installed Apps - only the turning circle is shown forever. After a restart of the system none of my Apps were started.

To make a long story short: I need an advice how to to completely clean up that kubernetes/docker environment in order to start over from Zero - without jeopardizing my data on that TrueNAS SCALE Server.

Last edited:

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hi there, I recently converted my TrueNAS Core to SCALE and it has been a pretty good experience so far.
I did that mainly in order to use many of the nice Apps/Charts out of the TrueCharts catalog and from the Docker Hub.
Basically I was able to deploy some of the offered public charts and Docker Images - whereby I've to admit that I am an old man and sometimes was struggeling with the huge variety of options to select or set. At the end I just deleted charts/containers which I had trouble with.
The problem started, when I started to 'play around' with Helm Charts. There was no problem to deploy them. I fear I made mistakes by modifying some settings.
All of a sudden I could not any longer display my installed Apps - only the turning circle is shown forever. After a restart of the system none of my Apps were started.

To make a long story short: I need an advice how to to completely clean up that kubernetes/docker environment in order to start over from Zero - without jeopardizing my data on that TrueNAS SCALE Server.

From where you are, what is not working?

dhaude

Dabbler
From where you are, what is not working?
Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-01 um 07.44.23.png

I cannot display my Apps - just get the spinning circle. I'm looking for an advise how to wipe out my kubernetes/docker storage in order to start over again.

Etorix

Wizard
In the worst case, it should be safe to delete the application dataset (or even the app pool, if it's separate from the data pool) and recreate everything anew.

dhaude

Dabbler
In the worst case, it should be safe to delete the application dataset (or even the app pool, if it's separate from the data pool) and recreate everything anew.
Thanks for the fast reply - that's what I was looking for.
So in my case you propose to delete the dataset ix-applications which resides on Pool2?

Last edited:

Etorix

Wizard