TrueNAS CORE 12.0-U6 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

awasb

Patron
Last edited:

Phil1295

Explorer
Whenever I login to GUI (I am using 2FA with Google Auth), I am prompted with a "Get Started" Welcome annoying message. There is no option to set it to never popup again !
Is it a bug or a step to nag free users ?

jlpellet

Patron
Regarding CPU reporting page, 3 of my 5 systems have the issue. Other 2 CPU report page is correct. Regarding annoying splash screen, I see it only for 1st loging but am NOT using 2FA.

Phil1295

Explorer
Whenever I login to GUI (I am using 2FA with Google Auth), I am prompted with a "Get Started" Welcome annoying message. There is no option to set it to never popup again !
Is it a bug or a step to nag free users ?
In addition, the columns layout is no longer saved and the popup to "Show hidden users/groups" is displayed each time I access the users/groups pages after a logout / reauth

It was not the case on last U5.1

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
When ZFS dedup is enabled on a pool, use SHA512 as the checksum algorithm

Question; I'm pretty sure changing the checksum algorithm will cause the existing deduplication tables to return "no match" against the previous one.

Eg: If you were previously using SHA-256 and create a new dataset with SHA-512, it will have zero deduplication against the SHA-256 dataset as the hashes will never match.

This seems like a bit of a dangerous thing to change ... is there a way to scan the active deduplication table on a pool to query the algorithm in use?

vikonen

Dabbler
Backup system upgraded succesfully. Everything seems to work fine, except the Reporting tab shows an empty graph for CPU Temperature.
Unfortunately I did not check whether it was empty prior to the upgrade.
On the Dashboard page it shows the temp for the hottest core and the bar for CPU temp correctly.

vikonen

Dabbler
I checked that the CPU temp graph works fine on the main system prior to upgrade from 12.0.U5.1 to U6. After upgrade it no longer works. I suppose a bug ticket is in order.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Question; I'm pretty sure changing the checksum algorithm will cause the existing deduplication tables to return "no match" against the previous one.

Eg: If you were previously using SHA-256 and create a new dataset with SHA-512, it will have zero deduplication against the SHA-256 dataset as the hashes will never match.

This seems like a bit of a dangerous thing to change ... is there a way to scan the active deduplication table on a pool to query the algorithm in use?
I expect that's a new default at activation time, not a retroactive change.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It is, it's in the release notes.

[NAS-110523] - When ZFS dedup is enabled on a pool, use SHA512 as the checksum algorithm

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Deduplication tables are pool-wide though, so in the example of existing datasets/zvols with SHA256 in use, creating an additional dataset/zvol using SHA512 will have zero overlap.

Etorix

Wizard
So in the case of a pool where dedup is already enabled no change shall be made to the pool-wide setting and additional deduped datasets will keep using the checksum algorithm that is already in force.
If that's not the case: "iXSystems, we've had a problem…"

Etorix

Wizard

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Upvoted!
Even if it's just a cosmetic issue, that an update introduces a regression on a previous fix does not bode well for the validation process and quality control. :mad:

From what I can see in /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/reporting/plugins_freebsd.py (which incidentally is identical between U5.1 and U6), this is a latent bug in U5.1, or possibly earlier, which unfortunately triggered in U6. The relevant lines are line 22, which gets the number of CPU cores, and returns a 1-indexed value, and lines 29 and 45, which ingest those number of cores to use as a loop index to pull the RRD CPU temperature files in /var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost/cputemp-{n}/temperature.rrd. However, as loop indexes, the loops expect a 0-indexed value, so the number of cores has to be decremented by 1; otherwise, there will be a non-existent path at the last loop, which results in no data being displayed. Alternatively, the loops can be reindexed to start from 1.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Deduplication tables are pool-wide though, so in the example of existing datasets/zvols with SHA256 in use, creating an additional dataset/zvol using SHA512 will have zero overlap.
Yeah, that's an edge case that may catch someone by surprise, but it's like a papercut on somebody who's been in a car crash.

Phil1295

Explorer

In addition, the columns layout is no longer saved and the popup to "Show hidden users/groups" is displayed each time I access the users/groups pages after a logout / reauth

It was not the case on last U5.1

Anyone else having this issue with 2FA
I did not try to disable 2FA, but it is really annoying, should I file a bug or it is a known issue ?

Alecmascot

Guru
Status
Not open for further replies.