TrueNAS 12.0-U7 Released

eturgeon

Super Moderator
iXsystems
TrueNAS Community,

TrueNAS 12.0-U7 has been released! 12.0-U7 includes several fixes, nearly a dozen more improvements, and a few platform enhancements. These include OpenZFS 2.0.6, fixed edge-case smbd crash during server-side-copy, fixed crashes related to unsupported auxiliary parameters, ongoing improvements to UI & middleware performance for large drive counts, Dashboard fixes for CPU temp reporting, and various M-Series R-Series webUI improvements.

Release Notes: https://www.truenas.com/docs/releasenotes/core/12.0u7/

Download: https://www.truenas.com/download-truenas-core/

Thanks for using TrueNAS, and we appreciate all the feedback!

Last edited:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Definitely a U7.1 will be needed. After upgrading, none of my reporting graphs work any more. This seems due to Chrome 96 deprecating several functions in polyfills.js. The graphs do show up on my iPad's Safari. Curiously, reverting back to U6.1 also shows the same issue with Chrome 96.

Last edited:

ThreeDee

Guru
Definitely a U7.1 will be needed. After upgrading, none of my reporting graphs work any more. This seems due to Chrome 96 deprecating several functions in polyfills.js. The graphs do show up on my iPad's Safari. Curiously, reverting back to U6.1 also shows the same issue with Chrome 96.

not working in Brave either

Samuel Tai

not working in Brave either
Seems to be common to all Chromium-based browsers. MS Edge (Chromium) also lacks all reporting graphs.

Samuel Tai

Firefox works.

NugentS

MVP
Its traditional to have a .1 shortly after a U release is it not?

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Its traditional to have a .1 shortly after a U release is it not?
Traditional.. like an ugly Xmas sweater.

We'd like to catch these things with nightly images, but perhaps the later updates don't get enough nightly usage....

Andy McClements

Dabbler
I've just done the upgrade 11.3-U5 > 12.0-U7, after taking all due precautions. I'm pleased to say it seems to have gone just fine, though this a relatively simple system with only a couple of apps running jails. SMB server working fine.

The reporting graphs look OK in FF (current), confirmed they DO NOT render in Edge (current).

cela96

Cadet
Before updating (with U6) the graphs worked correctly with chrome 96, now with U7 are broken.

Before updating (with U6) the graphs worked correctly with chrome 96, now with U7 are broken.
Not sure why people continue to use a data slurping and battery draining browser like Chrome

NASbox

Guru
I'm using Chromium Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) for Linux with TrueNAS-12.0-U6 and the only graph that doesn't work is the CPU Temp on the reports tab (no lines plotted), and it's exactly the same with Firefox 94.0 for what it's worth.

I see a U7.1 listed on Jira - I assume that means we can expect at U7.1 shortly?

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Yes, with the new Chromium update there is an issue which we can fix. We tested with the previous version.
There's also a LACP configuration issue for new deployments.
We expect to fix both of these in a U7.1. The update has to be scheduled, including some test time. We'll announce more next week.

helios_x

Dabbler
After upgrading, none of my reporting graphs work any more. First time for me! But the dashboard have everything working.
I now see that the graphs work in Firefox! :smile:

Last edited:

Miloman

Cadet
I cannot reach the update server at the moment: update-master.ixsystems.com

Jon Moog

Dabbler
I cannot reach the update server at the moment: update-master.ixsystems.com
The address resolves but seems to black hole for any requests. It's been over 5 hours now so perhaps a sign that I should avoid updating :wink:

NugentS

MVP

Samuel Tai

Works here, so you may have resolved to the old location. Try an ipconfig /flushdns.