TrueNAS 12 Beta - NMBD not started on boot

Hendrixx

Dabbler
It works for 1 day, now i tried to install another plugin and now my Freenas is not visible anymore from the finder, no SMB one thing that has changed is that i have deleted mount point as a had all my plex media files 2 times? 1 path where i have had placed the media the first time and of course the path under the jail. Is there somewhere a real guide for installing Plex, and Motioneye under Truenas (Truenas is different from the samples on youtube from Freenas.

You will have to reconnect to your TrueNAS server again on your Mac.

You can check the shares and connect again via: Finder - Locations - <your-macos-hostname> - Network - <your-truenas-name>

For example on my Mac this looks like this:

mac-network-shares.png

bonestaak

Explorer
Done that, I have first install Plex (pass) when ending install, i got plex pass with some free files (usual with Plex pass) but after edit permissions i can not get my map plexmedia on Plex

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 20.09.14.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 20.09.14.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 20.11.34.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 20.11.34.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 20.11.58.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 20.11.58.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 156
  • Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 20.12.25.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 20.12.25.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 169

Hendrixx

Dabbler
Ah ok, did you install the Plex server plugin on your TrueNAS?

Then you need to add 'mountpoints' for the Plex server plugin to add access to your network share folder.

For this you need to do the following:
- stop the Plex server pluging (via menu on truenas -> Jails -> select Plex plugin and Stop
- click on the > icon on the very far right of your Plex jail
- A window now opens

plex-plugin-1.png

- click Mountpoins
- Add mountpoints

After your done start Plex plugin again and you can find your shares (folders) in Plex when you want to add a Library.

bonestaak

Explorer
Yes, but what is source and destination in this case? (for Plex its not a real issue but when i install Motioneye or other camera app, i don't want to place my video data under > jail directory but on a SSD drive
i placed my data files of Plex (mp3 mp4 ...) on /iocase/Plexmedia/plexdata
And the place Plex looks now is: /iocase/jails/Plexflex/root

Hendrixx

Dabbler
The Source is the path on your TrueNAS server, for example /mnt/wardenas/plexfiles
And the desitination is the path where Plex can see your shares, for example /media/plexfiles

For example on my (test)plex server on TrueNAS:
on Destination i added the 'movies' text. That way a folder 'movies' will automatically be created under /media/

plex-plugin-2.png

Hendrixx

Dabbler
Yes, but what is source and destination in this case? (for Plex its not a real issue but when i install Motioneye or other camera app, i don't want to place my video data under > jail directory but on a SSD drive
i placed my data files of Plex (mp3 mp4 ...) on /iocase/Plexmedia/plexdata
And the place Plex looks now is: /iocase/jails/Plexflex/root

Ah ok for your camera files, the SSD would have to be connected and visable on your TrueNAS server.
In your case that would be your /mnt/video/video-opname share as Source on the TrueNAS server.

Hendrixx

Dabbler
So these Mountpoints are more like a sort of 'shortcut' for Plexmedia Server where to find the real location of the stored files.

For example:
On your Plexmedia server the /media/video-opname would be a shortcut to the location /mnt/video/video-opname on your TrueNAS server.
I presume you have connected your SSD disk directly to your TrueNAS server and created a seperate Pool called /video/

bonestaak

Explorer
Nope, the SSD is for the camera,
But i tried mount but root is not possible and all maps after, which i choose, on plex that map is grey (unchoosable)

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 21.04.41.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 21.04.41.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 21.07.27.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 21.07.27.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 176

Hendrixx

Dabbler
Thats correct, because you mounted it to a location within the jail itself, /mnt/walbergnas/iocage/jails/PlexFlex/root/Plex.
That doesn't work. You have to mount it to a location outside de jail.

Like i said, for example on /mnt/walbergnas/Plexdata
For this to work you need to do the following steps:

1. check that you have created a SMB share for /mnt/walbergnas: Sharing -> Windows Shares (SMB)
  2. on your Mac mount this share in the Finder app
  3. create a folder on called "Plexdata" on this share
  4. Now back to TrueNAS server:
  5. go to: Jails -> open the plexserver jail (click > symbol al the way end the right end)
  6. stop the jail
  7. go to Mountpoints
  8. add mountpoint with following settings:
  9. - Source = /mnt/walbergnas/Plexdata
  10. - Destination = /mnt/walbergnas/iocage/jails/PlexFlex/root/media/plexdata
  11. start Plex jail again
  12. go to webbrowser and log into Plex web gui
  13. add library
  14. now on the "Add folder" popup screen CLICK "/" and then CLICK the "media" folder
  15. plex-lib1-png.42616
  16. you should now see your "plexdata" folder you created earlier in step 10.
  17. when you finsh with the "add library" button (in bottom right corner) you are done.

Now every file you copy with you Mac Finder app to the /Plexdata folder on your TrueNAS would be ready for Plex to read.

Hope this explains the proces.

Attachments

• plex-lib1.png
    plex-lib1.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:

bonestaak

Explorer
There is also a problem with Plex, i have had now about 5 servers. Sometimes i see the old one with the missing files and now i can not reach the new server.
Thats correct, because you mounted it to a location within the jail itself, /mnt/walbergnas/iocage/jails/PlexFlex/root/Plex.
That doesn't work. You have to mount it to a location outside de jail.

Like i said, for example on /mnt/walbergnas/Plexdata
For this to work you need to do the following steps:

1. check that you have created a SMB share for /mnt/walbergnas: Sharing -> Windows Shares (SMB)
  2. on your Mac mount this share in the Finder app
  3. create a folder on called "Plexdata" on this share
  4. Now back to TrueNAS server:
  5. go to: Jails -> open the plexserver jail (click > symbol al the way end the right end)
  6. stop the jail
  7. go to Mountpoints
  8. add mountpoint with following settings:
  9. - Source = /mnt/walbergnas/Plexdata
  10. - Destination = /mnt/walbergnas/iocage/jails/PlexFlex/root/media/plexdata
  11. start Plex jail again
  12. go to webbrowser and log into Plex web gui
  13. add library
  14. now on the "Add folder" popup screen CLICK "/" and then CLICK the "media" folder
  15. plex-lib1-png.42616
  16. you should now see your "plexdata" folder you created earlier in step 10.
  17. when you finsh with the "add library" button (in bottom right corner) you are done.

Now every file you copy with you Mac Finder app to the /Plexdata folder on your TrueNAS would be ready for Plex to read.

Hope this explains the proces.

Ah, something wrong with the Sharing Now i follow your explanation and now its working (now i must add plexdata manually at destination.
See my 2 pictures, i now followed your explanation and now Plexdata (not plexdata) is under iocage So now 1 row with download, iocage and Plexdata, Now its working. I shall remove (for space and also because its not movable) iocage/Plexmedia
The 2 pictures with the old config from yesterday

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 22.02.41.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2020-11-08 om 22.02.41.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Schermafbeelding 2020-11-09 om 18.42.00.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2020-11-09 om 18.42.00.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Schermafbeelding 2020-11-09 om 18.42.11.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2020-11-09 om 18.42.11.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 172

Hendrixx

Dabbler
There is also a problem with Plex, i have had now about 5 servers. Sometimes i see the old one with the missing files and now i can not reach the new server.

You can login to https://app.plex.tv and remove those old Plex servers.
  1. Sign in on the https://app.plex.tv/ site
  2. Go to settings (click the
    Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 12.49.14.png
    icon in the top right corner)
  3. Then click on the "Authorized devices" in the left column
  4. Click on "All" and select "server"
  5. You should now see all your authorized Plex servers and can remove all but the latest one.
Ideally you should not use the "iocage" folder to mount with SMB, like in your screenshot "/mnt/walbergnas/iocage/Plexmedia".
Best practice to create a Plexmedia folder on "/mnt/walbergnas/Plexmedia" and use that as your mountpoint for the Plexmedia jail.

There is an excellent video on YouTube from Lawrence Systems which explains how to setup it all up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGinwiHPllA

I would suggest you look at that and i think it would become more clear (hopefully ;-))