TrueNAS 12.0-U4.1 Released

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems

jlpellet

Patron
Applied to 5 systems this afternoon (via manual .tar file) without error/problem. Regaining the CPU plot on dashboard required flushing browser cache but not unexpected after an update. Thanks for the update.
John Pellet

snowsplitter

Cadet
I applied this to one system and all my jails died. They cannot get ip from dhcp. Awesome!!!
Status: FAILEDStart Time: 2021-07-15 12:16:29Finished Time: 2021-07-15 12:18:16Error: [EFAULT] + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8 Stopped homeassistant due to DHCP failure. Other that that great update.

ThreeDee

Guru
Update via web gui went without a hitch :cool:

kherr

Explorer
... Fixed Plex being able to install without errors ... before with 4.0 Plex always had issues of not installing all the way (missing modules ??). I tried deleting "iocacage" several times hoping for the "starting from nothing" approach ..... I diligently waited for 4.1 .... and it installed completely the first time.

I had installed my drives (15) in a new enclosure using 1 ($$$$) HBA card to solve other issues I was having, same MB, but new 3700X CPU.

I'm learning more and more through the school of hard knocks the SMART way to do things .....:frown::frown:

Mushishi

Cadet
Same here after updating to 10.0-U4.1 i am not able to access my plugins and they are not able to access any network.

The jails start up just fine but if i try to ping an ip from the jail i get:
ping: sendto: Host is down

This is when i ping the truenas server.

When i try to ping google.com i get this error:
ping: cannot resolve google.com: Host name lookup failure

So i can't ping local network and i am also not able to access me dns server on my local network for dns lookups.

Network is working fine from truenas it self it is just from the jails i don't have network access.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
ifconfig -a on your NAS and inside one jail, please. You can ssh into the NAS and use iocage console jailname to get into a jail without networking.

BluRay

Cadet
Is anyone else having issues with a fresh install or upgrade to version 12.0-U4.1 regarding HBA and/or SATA controllers? I did a fresh install of TrueNAS Core 12.0-U4.1. The only disk available to add to a pool was 1 of 4 WD 4TB Red Plus drives I had connected to an HBA330 (previously Dell Perc HB330).

The controller works fine on the same hardware/motherboard with Windows 10 and Linuxmint 20 as well a fresh install of FreeBSD 12.2. TrueNAS 12.0-U4.1 shows all disks using geom disk list, including everything attached to M/B SATA controllers and all disks attached to HBA330 as well, using adaX for M/B SATA and daX for HBA SATA. The TrueNAS gui shows only the boot disk, and one WD disk.

I loaded a fresh install of TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1 instead, and everything works and shows properly in the GUI. All disk are now visible. Is this an issue only for fresh install, or has anyone had issues with an upgrade?

ThreeDee

Guru
Is anyone else having issues with a fresh install or upgrade to version 12.0-U4.1 regarding HBA and/or SATA controllers? I did a fresh install of TrueNAS Core 12.0-U4.1. The only disk available to add to a pool was 1 of 4 WD 4TB Red Plus drives I had connected to an HBA330 (previously Dell Perc HB330).

The controller works fine on the same hardware/motherboard with Windows 10 and Linuxmint 20 as well a fresh install of FreeBSD 12.2. TrueNAS 12.0-U4.1 shows all disks using geom disk list, including everything attached to M/B SATA controllers and all disks attached to HBA330 as well, using adaX for M/B SATA and daX for HBA SATA. The TrueNAS gui shows only the boot disk, and one WD disk.

I loaded a fresh install of TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1 instead, and everything works and shows properly in the GUI. All disk are now visible. Is this an issue only for fresh install, or has anyone had issues with an upgrade?
I'm assuming the card is already flashed to IT mode?
No issues at all with my LSI9211-8i with the upgrade.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
If the disks already have a GPT partition table on them TrueNAS might ignore them so you don't accidentally delete valuable data.

You need to wipe them on the command line in that case. Do a gpart show to check and a gpart destroy -F to get rid of all partitions and the GPT table in once command. Then reboot and you should be able to use them.

BluRay

Cadet
I'm assuming the card is already flashed to IT mode?
No issues at all with my LSI9211-8i with the upgrade.

Yes, I flashed it as per "Serve the Home" instructions. It works just fine in other O/S (Windows/Linux/FreeBSD). Later I will try an upgrade to the latest version to see if it stays working.

If the disks already have a GPT partition table on them TrueNAS might ignore them so you don't accidentally delete valuable data.

You need to wipe them on the command line in that case. Do a gpart show to check and a gpart destroy -F to get rid of all partitions and the GPT table in once command. Then reboot and you should be able to use them.

I did play around with gpart as well, it didn't make any difference. I did not try gpart destroy -F. I had used gparted initially to set them to GPT instead of the diskpart from Windows I used originally. All drives were listed during the TrueNAS install, just not in the GUI after a reboot. Once I tried a fresh install of the older version of TrueNAS, all 8 drives connected to the motherboard showed up, as well as the 4 drives connected to the HBA. The one disk that did show up was done exactly the same as the other 3, gpart to create the table but the disks were not formatted.

Why are only Jira Software users allowed to view the full changelog of bugfixes with each release?

I went to read the changelog for 12.0-U5, and was met with this:

changelog-blocked.png

Apparently, having a Jira account to report bugs is not enough?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer

marcevan

Patron
I read the U5 release notes no problemo. Maybe they were fixed between 8/4 and 8/13 though.

Applied U5 this morning with my jails and plugins all up and running fine.