TrueNAS 12.0-U3 is Available

vikonen

Dabbler
iocage upgrade -r 12.2-RELEASE jailname

Appreciate the advice. It seems the jail was corrupted when upgrading from 11.3-U5 to 12.0-U3.1. When trying the upgrade
sudo iocage upgrade -r 12.2-RELEASE emby
it says:
"freebsd-version could not be found at /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/emby/root/bin/freebsd-version"

I found a way to fix the corrupt jail:

After copying the freebsd-version file
sudo cp /mnt/tank/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root/bin/freebsd-version /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/emby/root/bin/

I ran
sudo iocage list
saw the jail was no longer in a corrupted state.
Then
sudo iocage fetch
and finally
sudo iocage upgrade -r 12.2-RELEASE emby

Now emby works again :)

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Now for a short moment on the soap box re: three future features that I hope @morganL and his team can consider:
  • I wish the UI could tell us how full the sVDEV is, just as it does for the general pool. Once the sVDEV fills up, additional metadata and small files go into the pool and performance potentially craters. There ought to be a dashboard widget that shows the fill of the sVDEV as a pie chart : metadata, small files, and free. Similarly, there ought to be an alert if the sVDEV exceeds 80% fill, just like the pool.
  • Since the sVDEV is shared by small files and metadata, remember to set your small files threshold sufficiently low to leave enough room for metadata. That's another pet peeve of mine with the current TrueNAS sVDEV implementation, the inability to set quotas for sVDEV contents such that metadata has a reserved minimum. We can set quotas for shares, users, etc. so why not something as important as the contents of the sVDEV also?
  • Setting small file size limits for the sVDEV is currently somewhat tricky. Ideally, the GUI would also help the admin choose minimum file size limits by giving the user an idea what the impact of setting a file size limit at 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32kb, etc. would have on sVDEV fill.

I like #1.. if OpenZFS provides these stats. Can you create a suggestion and post a link to it. .

I doubt #2 is possible without major changes to OpenZFS. Glad to be proved wrong...

#3 is highly workload dependent..... might be better solved with documentation and use-case examples.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
It'd be fine by me. I've updated the script to try POST, if it returns 405, try GET, and it's working with -U3, -U2.1, and 11.3-Usomething. When it does GET, it still expects the connection error as an indicator of success (which is how it works with -U2.1 and earlier), but since I'm now doing POST first and expecting a 200 status, changing the behavior on GET shouldn't further impact me.

Dan,

This should be resolved in U4.. now available: https://www.truenas.com/docs/releasenotes/core/12.0u4/

Constantin

Vampire Pig