Tried updating Nextcloud plugin. Now it's broken.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
You probably need to insert the IP address of your Internet router into both fields. If you have only a simple flat LAN, use e.g. ipconfig /all on a Windows machine to find which addresses are used for nameserver and gateway.

NASNEWBY

Dabbler
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Below is the info I got:
(I've cut off any risky details.)
1706708867047.png

I entered the IPv4 Address into the Nameserver1 section and the Default gateway into the IPv4 Default Gateway section.

I've also tried the below addresses from my router:

1706709174368.png

Filled in Nameserver 1 and 2 using primary and secondary DNS server but unfortunately the default gateway isn't recognized.

Pretty sure I'm missing something stupid.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
DNS Servers is what goes into the Namerserver 1 (and 2 if there is more than one) field(s) and Default Gateway goes into the IPv4 Default Gateway field.

The details are not risky. That is a private network that is not routed across the Internet and not accessible from the outside. We all use the same or similar addresses so for support please post full info. But see my first sentence, it's that simple. Nameserver and DNS server are the same thing.

NASNEWBY

Dabbler
Hello again,

Apologies for the delay in my response. Work had me away for a while.

Please see my configs below:

1709631188236.png

1709631314361.png

1709631383303.png

1709631478060.png

I'm sorry to keep bothering you with this, but I'm stuck and have no idea how to proceed.

I'm really grateful for all your help so far.

Thanks!

victort

Guru
Hello again,

Apologies for the delay in my response. Work had me away for a while.

Please see my configs below:

View attachment 76281

View attachment 76282
View attachment 76283

View attachment 76284

I'm sorry to keep bothering you with this, but I'm stuck and have no idea how to proceed.

I'm really grateful for all your help so far.

Thanks!
What errors are you getting when you run the script now? This should work. Earlier you had a 192.168.1.114 IP which wouldn’t have been in the same subnet as your default gateway. Have you tried this?

NASNEWBY

Dabbler
I've just ran it again.
Doesn't seem to be completing the install.
Has been stuck at installing pkg . . . for a while now.

1709642709188.png

NASNEWBY

Dabbler
Ok, hold up. I think I may be assuming a few things here.
I'm only assuming it's not working, because I cannot load up the page when trying to access nextcloud via the IP address (192.168.0.151/24).
Should I be configuring anything through the jail's shell first?

victort

Guru
Ok, hold up. I think I may be assuming a few things here.
I'm only assuming it's not working, because I cannot load up the page when trying to access nextcloud via the IP address (192.168.0.151/24).
Should I be configuring anything through the jail's shell first?
Well, the script does need to finish running. But if you are stuck on that part, I'm not sure what to try. It looks like your DNS is properly resolving, and your gateway. Might just be a bug as I have had it get stuck on that once in the past. BTW, are you running this from the GUI shell or an SSH session? Maybe try deleting the jail and rerunning the script.

NASNEWBY

Dabbler
I've been running the script through SSH (Putty).
It might also be that I'm just being impatient, but it takes so long that my PC goes to sleep while the NAS is trying to install.
I'll delete the jail tonight, turn off auto sleep on my PC and run the script again.

It might also be worth noting that I do still have another nextcloud jail installed that was installed as a plugin?

victort

Guru
I've been running the script through SSH (Putty).
It might also be that I'm just being impatient, but it takes so long that my PC goes to sleep while the NAS is trying to install.
I'll delete the jail tonight, turn off auto sleep on my PC and run the script again.

It might also be worth noting that I do still have another nextcloud jail installed that was installed as a plugin?
As long as you change the name of the plugin, or add a variable in the script config file JAIL_NAME="cloud" or something.

NASNEWBY

Dabbler
So I ran the script over night and this is the result:

1709759242647.png

I can confirm that the jail name for this install is different from the existing plugin.

victort

Guru
So I ran the script over night and this is the result:

View attachment 76359

I can confirm that the jail name for this install is different from the existing plugin.
It’s starting to look like a network issue. Since your nameserver and dns is correct, what happens when you ping google.com ?

NASNEWBY

Dabbler
Seems to ping fine?
1709958752090.png

Am I missing something with my nextcloud's network config?
1709958690984.png

victort

Guru
Seems to ping fine?
View attachment 76414

Am I missing something with my nextcloud's network config?
View attachment 76413
To be honest everything looks fine. If that is your config file then it should work. Unless @Patrick M. Hausen can spot something I can’t.

Can you try to create a jail from the GUI, and make sure it’s 13.2-RELEASE, then ping freebsd.org or some other website from inside it? Make sure to set your IP, gateway, and such…

victort

Guru
Hey guys,
I've been on vacation and back trying to figure this out now.

I ended up finding that I had my IP address incorrectly configured and it managed to get most of the install completed until it got to Caddy:

import (
caddycmd "github.com/caddyserver/caddy/v2/cmd"

// plug in Caddy modules here
_ "github.com/caddyserver/caddy/v2/modules/standard"
)

func main() {
caddycmd.Main()
}
2024/01/15 03:38:03 [INFO] Initializing Go module
2024/01/15 03:38:03 [INFO] exec (timeout=0s): /usr/local/bin/go mod init caddy
go: creating new go.mod: module caddy
go: to add module requirements and sums:
go mod tidy
2024/01/15 03:38:03 [INFO] Pinning versions
2024/01/15 03:38:03 [INFO] exec (timeout=0s): /usr/local/bin/go get -d -v github.com/caddyserver/caddy/v2
go: module github.com/caddyserver/caddy/v2: Get "https://proxy.golang.org/github.com/caddyserver/caddy/v2/@v/list": dial tcp [2404:6800:4006:80a::2011]:443: connect: no route to host
2024/01/15 03:38:03 [FATAL] exit status 1
Command: xcaddy build --output /usr/local/bin/caddy failed!
+ echo 'Failed to build Caddy without plugin, terminating.'
Failed to build Caddy without plugin, terminating.
+ exit 1

Please note the below config I'm currently running:

JAIL_IP="192.168.X.XXX/24"
DEFAULT_GW_IP="192.168.X.XXX"
POOL_PATH="/mnt/MeinallNAS/nextcloud"
TIME_ZONE="Australia/Perth"
HOST_NAME="soanderou.com"
NO_CERT=1
CERT_EMAIL="XXXXXXXX@gmail.com"

I'm currently hosting through google and I think this might be why it isn't working?
Should I move to Cloudflare to fix this?
So here you got all the way to caddy?
What do you mean hosting through google?
Do you have some kind of filter? Make sure proxy.golang.org is allowed

NASNEWBY

Dabbler
I can confirm that I was able to install the plugin through the GUI and I pinged google through it's shell.
My only goal right now is to access all my old data.
Can I not just use the plugin install to do that and worry about doing the scripted install later?