There is no way to get console setup working

KpuCko

Dabbler
Hello,
I'm using TrueNAS core 12 (stable release) and I've de-selected "show text console without password prompt" in System -> Advanced, because I want to protect my system from unauthorized access. Today I tried to log in to the console in order to setup LACP channel, unfortunately I can't get console menu.

I read the documentation and did the same as it mention "you can access the Console Setup menu from within the TrueNAS® GUI by typing /etc/netcli from Shell." without success. I also tried to run netcli.sh but I'm just getting a login banner, and when I try to log in I've got loggin incorect.

Do I missed something? How I can get the console menu again?
Thanks.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
You're logging in with your root user / credentials on the CLI? They should be same ones you use from the webui. No special chars in your password that won't input on CLI vs Web?

KpuCko

Dabbler
Yeah, they are the same, I only have underscore as special character in my password.
Do you think this can be a problem?
Thanks.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Yeah, they are the same, I only have underscore as special character in my password.
Do you think this can be a problem?
Thanks.

Underscore should be fine. To be sure you could try re-setting your password in the UI (the root user) and then test again if you can log in.

KpuCko

Dabbler
Ok, I've reset the password, but the result is the same, I'm able to log in to the web gui and ssh using the same user: root and password.
But when I try to run the console script I've got this output.. exactly the same as last time.

Code:
sofx-nas01# cd /etc/
sofx-nas01# echo $SHELL
/usr/local/bin/bash
sofx-nas01#
sofx-nas01# ./netcli

The web user interface is at:

https://192.168.0.12:8443

FreeBSD/amd64 (sofx-nas01.home.lan) (1)

login: root
Password:
Login incorrect
login: sofx-nas01#
sofx-nas01# ./netcli.sh

The web user interface is at:

https://192.168.0.12:8443

FreeBSD/amd64 (sofx-nas01.home.lan) (1)

login: root
Password:
Login incorrect
login:
login: sofx-nas01#

After the first "login incorrect" I'm able to hit CTRL+D to exit the script.
After the script exited I was returned to the previous session I had.