The selected disks were not verified for this import rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelvl

Cadet
Hello,
I do a import volume
I have Freenas 8.0.2 installed, and want to inport a 160GB USB drive Fat32, via import volume.
It shows up as da1s1(160GB) and I give it the name data1 and select MSDOSFS for the filesystemtype.
The folowing mesage apears "The selected disks were not verified for this import rules".
I tryed a other drive, same result, I tryed a NTFS formatted fie, same problem, I tryed a UFS formatted in 7.x.x, same result.
I tryed a fixed IDE formatted in 8.0.1 same result.

What do I wrong, I do not want to erase the data on thos discs.

Best regards from:
Michel van Leuven
email : michel.van.leuven@telenet.be

michelvl

Cadet
I replay to my own tread.
Go back to Freenas 7.2 works for all disk, but no acces after setup with CIFS.
The only reasen I can find, they are always asigned for root as owner and wheel as group.
I try to change that to everyone and nogroup, but it always go back to the same setting.
Also USB drives ghet mixed uo after a reboot, so the mount mount points the a other one etc.

Best regards from :
Michel Van Leuven

ProtoSD

MVP
Hello,
I do a import volume
I have Freenas 8.0.2 installed, and want to inport a 160GB USB drive Fat32, via import volume.
It shows up as da1s1(160GB) and I give it the name data1 and select MSDOSFS for the filesystemtype.
The folowing mesage apears "The selected disks were not verified for this import rules".
I tryed a other drive, same result, I tryed a NTFS formatted fie, same problem, I tryed a UFS formatted in 7.x.x, same result.
I tryed a fixed IDE formatted in 8.0.1 same result.

What do I wrong, I do not want to erase the data on thos discs.

Best regards from:
Michel van Leuven
email : michel.van.leuven@telenet.be

I really don't understand why this stuff was added to FreeNAS, I don't think any of it has ever worked or was really tested, though there could be a fix/work around for NTFS in 8.03, I think UFS should have worked.

You probably made the right choice going back to version 7 for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.