Disk Not Verified for Import Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgs0008b221

Cadet
Hey all,

Short version with pertinent information in the last two paragraphs.

I've been searching the in/out of the forum for a solution for a disk import problem I've been having. I recently built my wife a FreeNAS machine for some redundant data storage and did a good bit of research on the user guide for 11.1. Setup it up with a Pentium G4400, 16GB of ECC RAM, ASRock E3V5 WS LGA 1151 Intel C232 motherboard, four 4TB Seagate Skyhawks via SATA directly off the motherboard in RAIDZ2 and everything has been working great. Set up the share over AFP (I know, boo his, but she uses exclusively OSX for her professional work) but our networking setup is mediocre at best, so transferring data from external backup disks is painfully slow wired/wirelss. Tried importing via the 'Import Disk' feature in storage and was pleasantly surprised that it functioned flawlessly and quickly with the first 1TB disk I tried, but on the second disk (2TB) it will not let me start the import.

-----meat and potatoes below-----

Trying to import a 2TB MSDOS/FAT32 disk via USB directly connected to FreeNAS machine (due to speed advantage, I know USB does not always play nice.) 4x4TB disk setup ZFS RAIDZ2 setup 16GB ECC RAM Pentium G4400, 2TB external HDD formatted FAT32/MSDOS connected directly to rear IO via USB3. Checked the drive manually with multiple computers as well as via the FreeNAS shell w/ fsck_msdos. The first drive I tried (1TB connected identically) was successful, but the 2TB drive always gives me a "The selected disks were not verified for these import rules. Filesystem check failed."

The only meaningful information I've found was here https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/24816 and I've tried any solutions proposed there, but didn't see a fix. Am I stuck with doing this the slow way over the network?

Thanks!

Eniqmatic

Explorer
Hey all,

Short version with pertinent information in the last two paragraphs.

I've been searching the in/out of the forum for a solution for a disk import problem I've been having. I recently built my wife a FreeNAS machine for some redundant data storage and did a good bit of research on the user guide for 11.1. Setup it up with a Pentium G4400, 16GB of ECC RAM, ASRock E3V5 WS LGA 1151 Intel C232 motherboard, four 4TB Seagate Skyhawks via SATA directly off the motherboard in RAIDZ2 and everything has been working great. Set up the share over AFP (I know, boo his, but she uses exclusively OSX for her professional work) but our networking setup is mediocre at best, so transferring data from external backup disks is painfully slow wired/wirelss. Tried importing via the 'Import Disk' feature in storage and was pleasantly surprised that it functioned flawlessly and quickly with the first 1TB disk I tried, but on the second disk (2TB) it will not let me start the import.

-----meat and potatoes below-----

Trying to import a 2TB MSDOS/FAT32 disk via USB directly connected to FreeNAS machine (due to speed advantage, I know USB does not always play nice.) 4x4TB disk setup ZFS RAIDZ2 setup 16GB ECC RAM Pentium G4400, 2TB external HDD formatted FAT32/MSDOS connected directly to rear IO via USB3. Checked the drive manually with multiple computers as well as via the FreeNAS shell w/ fsck_msdos. The first drive I tried (1TB connected identically) was successful, but the 2TB drive always gives me a "The selected disks were not verified for these import rules. Filesystem check failed."

The only meaningful information I've found was here https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/24816 and I've tried any solutions proposed there, but didn't see a fix. Am I stuck with doing this the slow way over the network?

Thanks!
Shot in the dark, but it doesn't think that there are filesystem errors on the disk does it? If you plug the disk into something else and do a filesystem check on it does it return anything?

Mgs0008b221

Cadet
Nothing with Disk Utility (tried two versions on two different machines) and it didn’t give me any errors. I’ll try fsck on another machine and see what I get.

Eniqmatic

Explorer
Nothing with Disk Utility (tried two versions on two different machines) and it didn’t give me any errors. I’ll try fsck on another machine and see what I get.
Have you got anywhere you could temporarily move the data from the disk onto? You could then format the disk and try import it again see if it works. If it does then copy the data back to it and see if it still imports.

Status
Not open for further replies.