The selected disks were not verified for this import rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCGhost

Cadet
I have searched the forum but haven't found anything new regarding this issue from the past few months. I did see one comment for a similar issue but here is my setup and maybe someone could help me out.

I am building a NAS for a customer. This will be a 16tb NAS using 8, 4tb drives in a raid 10. I have configured Raid using the LSI raid card.

I have then loaded the FreeNAS 8.30 on to a 15Gb USB hard-drive. Install went smooth, but when Go to Import the Volume i get stuck. OF my 4 options all of them give me the same error "The selected disks were not verified for this import rules."

I saw on one form post that is this was knowne issue and should be resolved on 8.03... Has it?

How best should configure this so it will work the best and we have redundancy.

Thanks
TCG

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I have searched the forum but haven't found anything new regarding this issue from the past few months. I did see one comment for a similar issue but here is my setup and maybe someone could help me out.

I am building a NAS for a customer. This will be a 16tb NAS using 8, 4tb drives in a raid 10. I have configured Raid using the LSI raid card.

I have then loaded the FreeNAS 8.30 on to a 15Gb USB hard-drive. Install went smooth, but when Go to Import the Volume i get stuck. OF my 4 options all of them give me the same error "The selected disks were not verified for this import rules."

I saw on one form post that is this was knowne issue and should be resolved on 8.03... Has it?

How best should configure this so it will work the best and we have redundancy.

Thanks
TCG
I hope you aren't saying you are using a hardware RAID array for ZFS.

You should only import a ZFS volume you've created.

TCGhost

Cadet
OK that was that I wasn't sure of. Still new to FreeNAS sry.

So then I need to configure the 8 drive on with JBOD? Then use FreeNAS to configure the RAID?

Or is there a better way to configure this?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Take a little bit of time and read the manual and the guides that are out there. It will tell you the basics of what to do and what not to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.