The path '/mnt/xxxxxxxxxx/media' is already attached to service(s): SMB Share, Snapshot Task.

SKiZZ

Dabbler
I am trying to install the official plex container and I am receiving the following error when I attach my data volume:

Error: [EINVAL] chart_release_create.appVolumeMounts.data.data.hostPathEnabled.hostPathEnabled.hostPath.hostPath: The path '/mnt/xxxxxxxxxx/media' is already attached to service(s): SMB Share, Snapshot Task.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

noconnor

Cadet
Had the exact same error plus an NFS share. When I disabled the shares and the snapshot task I was able to upgrade as normal and then enable those services again. I had a scrub on the pool going at the time. Probably unrelated but did you have one too?

SKiZZ

Dabbler
Had the exact same error plus an NFS share. When I disabled the shares and the snapshot task I was able to upgrade as normal and then enable those services again. I had a scrub on the pool going at the time. Probably unrelated but did you have one too?
There is one pending, interesting.

boczar

Cadet
Piling on to this, I got it while trying to update the Plex app:

[EINVAL] chart_release_create.appVolumeMounts.data.data.hostPathEnabled.hostPathEnabled.hostPath.hostPath: The path '/mnt/default/media' is already attached to service(s): SMB Share

SKiZZ

Dabbler
I ended up moving to the TrueCharts version which seems to be working fine.

crk1918

Dabbler
Same problem here too. But for some reason, one pool(that pool is created from Truenas core version) with SMB share work ok, but another with SMB share is not working, so I have to stop SMB share from starting the APPs.

essinghigh

Dabbler
Also running into this issue - need to disable the SMB share before I can start the Plex container, then can re-enable it after no issues. Very frustrating.

LarsR

Guru
@essinghigh
Your Problem is the hostpath validation that got implemented with bluefin.
That validation prevents Apps from starting If the Same path is used for hostpath and smb Sharing.
You can either disable the hostpath validation in the advanced Options of your App Tab or, in Case you use truecharts Apps, switch from hostpath to NFS. Truecharts provides a Guide on their Homepage.

DowJones

Cadet
@LarsR, thanks
It's all about this checkbox
1678693974865.png