Invalid mount path. Following service(s) uses this path: `Snapshot Task

rubick

Cadet
Hi!
I have an app with persistent storage of Host Path type that was working fine.
I enabled a periodic snapshot task for the parent dataset that was host path mounted and when I stopped and started the application I got the following error:

Code:
Error: Error response from daemon: invalid volume specification: '/mnt/ssdm2/configs/media/transmission:/config': Invalid mount path. /mnt/ssdm2/configs/media/transmission. Following service(s) uses this path: `Snapshot Task`.

As soon as I disable the periodic snapshot of ssdm2/configs, the application start without problems.

I don't understand why the host path became invalid for enabling periodic snapshots over that dataset and is preventing the pod from starting.
is it incompatible snapshots of a dataset and app storage of host path type?

rubick

Cadet
This happens with official and truecharts
Code:
Error: Error response from daemon: invalid volume specification: '/mnt/ssdm2/configs/homeassistant:/config': Invalid mount path. /mnt/ssdm2/configs/homeassistant. Following service(s) uses this path: `Snapshot Task`.

Capitol

Cadet
22.12-BETA.1. Same happens with docker images, but also with replication tasks. Un-enabling the task let the application start.

rubick

Cadet
Yeah, that's what I did, but I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's some kind of incompatibility between features. I think a scheduled snapshot should not make the dataset busy/locked

mndsm

Cadet
I am running into this issue as well. This seems to be an issue with whatever storage provider Truenas uses with Kubernetes, because Kubernetes will not be aware of shared services like NFS/SMB and shapshotting.

This is a bug and needs to be addressed. Anybody know where we can log it?
Error: Error response from daemon: invalid volume specification: '<path>:<mntpath>': Invalid mount path. <path>. Following service(s) uses this path: `NFS Share`.

In Applications, go to Settings > Advanced Settings, and uncheck Enable Host Path Safety Checks. Save, your containers will restart, and you won't have this conflict anymore.
1676579200643.png