Docker / NFS bug

Evan Richardson

Explorer
Just curious, because I use mostly CORE and jails - how is one supposed to manage a ton of files via SMB share and then access that dataset from an app like Nextcloud or Photoprism? Like a jail mount used as external storage in Nextcloud for example.
Jails aren't docker containers, but you'd disable the share, start nextcloud, re-enable the share. Or turn off the host path verification like someone else mentioned.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
And that's the concept for a smooth user experience like I can have with jails? :wink:

Capitol

Cadet
Incredibly annoying feature. Why allow use of host-path if you can't even have a replication task assigned to the dataset? I remember running headlong into this in the beta-version and is surprised it has survived into the release version...

j.lanham

Explorer
Well, it is a bug. When you enter a valid path, it wont work when you have smb shares enabled in services. If you shutdown smb share services, you can start th app again.

Regarding validating folders, i havent seen that option anywhere. Maybe thats defined within the app package itself?
I tried that and it didn't work.

MisterE2002

Patron
I thought it was a check of the mapping to the host is still available. But i verified it. If you remove the dataset (after the creation of a container with a mapping) and start the container again it will just work even with the check enabled. Data does not get lost and TrueNAS creates a folder on the host instead. So data is not stored in the container (which should be lost if not the case). So i am glad this is not a issue.

Andybluejay

Dabbler
enter the cli with 'cli'

'app kubernetes update validate_host_path=false'
Just updated to Bluefin 22.12.0 and started having this issue only with the official radarr/sonarr apps--other official apps and trueecharts apps did not have an issue. I tried disabling the NFS service but ultimately this line plus a reboot is the only thing that got it to work for me.

MisterE2002

Patron
Just updated to Bluefin 22.12.0 and started having this issue only with the official radarr/sonarr apps--other official apps and trueecharts apps did not have an issue. I tried disabling the NFS service but ultimately this line plus a reboot is the only thing that got it to work for me.
why use this command? Is the same like in the settings screen right?

eirik.lars1

Explorer
I also got this error for two of my apps (plex and duplicati). Is the only option to uncheck "Enable host path safety checks" In Apps > Advanced settings? Or is there som other correct way to mount storage to plex app from truenas? The warning when unchecking the box is rather daunting...

eirik.lars1

Explorer
I also got this error for two of my apps (plex and duplicati). Is the only option to uncheck "Enable host path safety checks" In Apps > Advanced settings? Or is there som other correct way to mount storage to plex app from truenas? The warning when unchecking the box is rather daunting...
Should mention I get this "error" after upgrading from angelfin to bluefin

MisterE2002

Patron
the first release was a subtitle "can cause a data loss". The newer version gives a popup with more text and explains about ACL stuff. The first was really daunting i agree.
Note: i was also not pleased that after changing this setting my dockers were restarted.

elbzone

Cadet
Just curious, because I use mostly CORE and jails - how is one supposed to manage a ton of files via SMB share and then access that dataset from an app like Nextcloud or Photoprism? Like a jail mount used as external storage in Nextcloud for example.
Still, the question from Patrick M. Hausen is not answered.

Is the real idea behind this to have duplicated data for something like jellyfin and for smb share?
I am tagging my mp3 collection with musicbrainz when I have time. I also like the fact to quickly use mplayer on a linux machine while using my phone with jellyfin. I don't get the point where it makes sense to have this data twice. Especially since I've mounted the media files as read only into jellyfin.

Cheers,
elbzone