teamspeak 3 server

FrostyViking

Dabbler
ok, did the port forwarding. how do I find out my server address for friends to log in?
TS3 port forwarding.JPG

Skro

Contributor
how do I find out my server address for friends to log in

google 'what's my ip'

Now for the very good or bad news, if you have a static IP from your ISP, that is all you need.

If you do not have a static IP, then at some point that will change (frequently or not, randomly or not), then you will need to set up dynamic DNS, which is way beyond the scope of the the Freenas forum. If you need to do that then try googling for 'dynamic DNS teamspeak' and look into services such as NoIP, FreeDNS, or DYNDNS.

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
has my post been hijacked lol ???????

FrostyViking

Dabbler
google 'what's my IP'

Now for the very good or bad news, if you have a static IP from your ISP, that is all you need.

If you do not have a static IP, then at some point that will change (frequently or not, randomly or not), then you will need to set up dynamic DNS, which is way beyond the scope of the the Freenas forum. If you need to do that then try googling for 'dynamic DNS teamspeak' and look into services such as NoIP, FreeDNS, or DYNDNS.
You are my HERO! I don't know why but I was under the impression that I had to find out the IP for the FreeNAS PC specifically. It's working.
Thanks for everything.

Skro

Contributor
has my post been hijacked lol ???????

Nope, please post specific questions, issues, errors, maybe some screenshots of the problems you are having and I will still try to help, but I can't really do much without knowing more about what you are doing and what the results are.

I'm off for today, but I will check back over the weekend. In the mean time, if you provide more information, other people may also lend you some help...it is a very active community, but I don't know how many people use TS.

Skro

Contributor

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
  1. cd /var/log/teamspeak
  2. Type 'ls' to list the files in that directory (there should be 2 files there, the one ending with the number 1 should be the one you want.)
  3. nano nameOfFile
doing this step when i type cd /var/log/teamspeak 1s i get to many arguments ...........sorry for being a complete noob i just need the exact commands to sort this ive come such along way lol once i have my token then its just a matter of starting it and then i can take it from there im so new to freenas first time im using it YouTube is not very friendly.....many thanks again for your patience

Skro

Contributor
You're getting too many arguments because you combined #1 and #2 (and as @FrostyViking said it is lowercase LS for 'list'). Should be:

tslog.png

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
ok when i type from the root of the jail /var/log/teamspeak hit enter it comes back with root@teamspeak:/var/log/teamspeak..............
i type (ls) and it comes back ...root@teamspeak/var/log/teamspeak # .....nothing ....know on the install it came up with a few option i just left it as it was do i need to change this or leave as it comes up ? again many thanks to all who have helped me and sorry for being a complete imbecile :)

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
ok i started again from a clean jail using 11.2-release-p9 ...it only created 1 file when i looked at the file their was no key any ideas im so happy i got this far lol

Attachments

• freenas var log file.png 1a.png
    freenas var log file.png 1a.png
    402.1 KB · Views: 340
  • var log ts 2a.png
    var log ts 2a.png
    363.4 KB · Views: 382

Skro

Contributor
Try starting and stopping teamspeak again. The file name should end in a number 1.

Also, please post the hardware you're running FreeNAS on.

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
i have restarted the nass and teamspeak several times i just dont understand why im only getting the one file

Skro

Contributor
Please post your hardware and your Freenas version.

Do you have any other jails set up and working?

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
here is my screen shot of my nass
freenas build crop.png

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
any help pls anyone ????

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
wow im so close to completing this new project and know nothing at all ........something i said ?????????

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
so i take im dead in the water with this ill look else-wear...and theirs me thinking this forum was packed with help ty.skro for ur help ....so disappointed .with lack off help .......and support for this software