teamspeak 3 server

Skro

Contributor
i followed 1 and 2 no problem
Ok, when you ran portsnap fetch and extract did you see the complete list of ports speeding past on your screen. It should have taken a while.

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
yes i seem to have fixed the problem many thanks for everyone's help

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
myne is know setup im just trying to get the log file to get the token

FrostyViking

Dabbler
So the server is up and running on local network. where am I doing step 10 (port forwarding)? in root@ts3 or one of the subfolders?
Edit: or am I just handling that in my router settings?

Last edited:

FrostyViking

Dabbler
myne is know setup im just trying to get the log file to get the token
FYI the token is longer than what you see initially if you're using the GUI shell. need to navigate to the appropriate line after "nano"-ing into the log file and press right arrow key.

Skro

Contributor
The code shown in step 10 of the original post is unnecessary. The teamspeak install will automatically use the default ports, you will need to forward those ports on your router to point at your jail.

Skro

Contributor
FYI the token is longer than what you see initially

Yup, that is why I suggested using the legacy gui or an ssh client because you can control the size of the shell window so you can see the whole token. :)

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
i have installed nano know im trying to locate the admin key please bear in mind im completely stupid lol step 1 and 2 and 3 complete

Skro

Contributor

Skro

Contributor
Ah, missed my chance, i should have said "I'm rooting for you!" and gone with that horrible pun lol

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
lol i get the pun very funny lol stil need instruction to locate the right file and how to do it (baby steps) lol il buy everyone a drink when i get it up and running lol

FrostyViking

Dabbler
so I'm here. I know what numbers I'm working with from the original post. I can change the "format" to Both UDP and TCP I'm guessing I need to do that. Am I putting Inbound port = 10011 to 30033 and then local port = 9987 twice in the local port?
"TCP
UDP
9987"
port forwarding.JPG

Skro

Contributor
baby steps

1. cd /var/log/teamspeak
  2. Type 'ls' to list the files in that directory (there should be 2 files there, the one ending with the number 1 should be the one you want.)
  3. nano nameOfFile
If you're using the new gui, consider doing this part in the legacy gui because you can change the size of the window for easier viewing.

log.png

FrostyViking

Dabbler
lol i get the pun very funny lol stil need instruction to locate the right file and how to do it (baby steps) lol il buy everyone a drink when i get it up and running lol
"cd .." all the way out
cd /var/log/teamspeak
type ls
then nano filename the log that has 1 in the end
Edit: Skro is better lol

Skro

Contributor
Am I putting Inbound port = 10011 to 30033 and then local port = 9987 twice in the local port?

This varies a bit depending on your router. You set them up individually, and 9987 is the most important since it caries voice (10011 is the servery query port and I cant remember what 30033 is) Here is how I have mine set up:

ports2.png

Skro

Contributor
Oops sorry, that is confusing because I changed my main port, pretend the 19001 is 9987:

porty.png

FrostyViking

Dabbler
This varies a bit depending on your router. You set them up individually, and 9987 is the most important since it caries voice (10011 is the servery query port and I can't remember what 30033 is) Here is how I have mine set up:

View attachment 28456
what is the 19001 (do i need that too?) or did you just reassign 9987 to that?
Edit: nevermind i see your new post.

Skro

Contributor

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
Hi all just asking is there anyone willing to come on my private teamspeak and remote into my system talk me through this so i can whats happening .many thanks again .... i use teamview 14 for people to remote in