teamspeak 3 server

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
Hi im trying to install teamspeak 3 server on my freenas system is there a good up to date how to ? i need help pls
many thanks .....

madweedsmoker

Dabbler

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
FreeNAS-11.1-U7

Skro

Contributor

Skro

Contributor
FYI:

Those instructions do assume you are comfortable setting up a jail from the CLI. Also, my jail is an iocage jail in 11.2 not a warden jail.

Setting up server query requires telnet, if you are using a Windows computer you will probably need to enable telnet before you can use it. I googled how to do that.

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1 i just updated to this version many thanks for taking the time to respond ty :)

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
i have seen this post but ran into issues with install ports any chance you could help pls i have a teamspeak already running on private server with a grp of blokes playing games and chilling any chance when u have time come on and say hello and help me through my problems many thanks again

Skro

Contributor
I will try to help.

Do you mean that you have issues installing from ports (e.g. portsnap) in the jail or do you have issues setting up the ports for teamspeak? How far did you get following the instructions?

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
its after port snap all that process works its the next step

Skro

Contributor
OK, so:
  1. Create your jail and set a static IP.
  2. Inside your jail, do steps 1-3 from the original instructions.
  3. When you get to step 4, the logs being referred to are located in /var/log/teamspeak and will have similar names (different dates in the names). Navigate to the logs and get the token and save it somewhere to use later.
  4. Skip step 5.
  5. Do step 6.
  6. Skip 7.
  7. Do step 8.
  8. Do step 9 but you can eliminate the 'top' code just stop and start TS.
  9. Skip step 10, the install sets up the default TS3 ports, if you want to change them the instructions are towards the end of the post in comment #106 by HolyK.
  10. If you want to set up server query, use the instructions in comment #106 by HolyK.
  11. Finally, connect and test TS locally using the client (you'll need that token you saved in step 4).
  12. Forward the TS ports on your router and you're all done (assuming you have a static IP from your ISP or you've set up dynamic DNS).
Also, thanks for the invite, but I'm not generally a TS user (I just set up servers of all kinds for others). I'd offer to help you test it, but it sounds like you've got plenty of mates for that!

Last edited:

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
ty my friend for the advice ill have another look at it

FrostyViking

Dabbler
OK, so:
  1. Create your jail and set a static IP.
  2. Inside your jail, do steps 1-3 from the original instructions.
  3. When you get to step 4, the logs being referred to are located in /var/log/teamspeak and will have similar names (different dates in the names). Navigate to the logs and get the token and save it somewhere to use later.
  4. Skip step 5.
  5. Do step 6.
  6. Skip 7.
  7. Do step 8.
  8. Do step 9 but you can eliminate the 'top' code just stop and start TS.
  9. Skip step 10, the install sets up the default TS3 ports, if you want to change them the instructions are towards the end of the post in comment #106 by HolyK.
  10. If you want to set up server query, use the instructions in comment #106 by HolyK.
  11. Finally, connect and test TS locally using the client (you'll need that token you saved in step 4).
  12. Forward the TS ports on your router and you're all done (assuming you have a static IP from your ISP or you've set up dynamic DNS).
Also, thanks for the invite, but I'm not generally a TS user (I just set up servers of all kinds for others). I'd offer to help you test it, but it sounds like you've got plenty of mates for that!
Hey there, another noob seeking salvation. How do I "Get the token" (step 3)
I'm currently staring at these two log files in /var/log/teamspeak and I have no idea how to open them. I tried googling for help and all I found was suggestions to DL a software that compiles logs for windows users. I'm sure my problem is so elementary that it's not a popular search on the web.
-Thanks

Skro

Contributor
How do I "Get the token" (step 3)

If you have FTP set up, you can use that connect to your jail and open the file, or from the command line use a text editor like nano. Inside the directory:

Code:
nano nameOfFile

If you get a message about nano not being installed:

Code:
pkg install nano

FrostyViking

Dabbler
If you have FTP set up, you can use that connect to your jail and open the file, or from the command line use a text editor like nano. Inside the directory:

Code:
nano nameOfFile

If you get a message about nano not being installed:

Code:
pkg install nano
So like this? when I hit enter it opens a "new file" with nothing in it.
ts3 shell correct.JPG

After I hit enter.
ts3 shell correct 1.JPG

Attachments

• freenas TS3 shell.JPG
    freenas TS3 shell.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 466
  • freenas ts3 shell nano.JPG
    freenas ts3 shell nano.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 701
Last edited:

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
i am doing something stupid i think i just cant see were im going wrong what i need is someone to remote in to my system and see whats happening

sorry but im a complete idiot i think i just dont understand what im doing wrong if theirs anyone out there who can come and help it wil be great
many many thanks again

Skro

Contributor
So like this? when I hit enter it opens a "new file" with nothing in it.

Yes, just like that, except it is in the other log file. If you dont enter the exact name correctly, it will open an empty file.

Edit: I find the shell display in the new GUI doesn't view as well as the legacy, so I'd recommend using that ot an ssh client like Putty or Bitvise.

Last edited:

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
cd /usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server/ && make install clean im getting no dir is found or exist for the install

Skro

Contributor
cd /usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server/ && make install clean im getting no dir is found or exist for the install

1. Make sure you're inside the jail and not at the root of your NAS. The prompt should be root@nameOfJail.
  2. Did do Step 2 in original instructions?
  3. Can you: "cd /usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server"
  4. If so, then 'make install clean'

madweedsmoker

Dabbler
root@teamspeak3:~ # is wear i am i followed 1 and 2 no problem step 3 from inside the shell cd /usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server
says no dir found im sorry for being a complete nub