System Unexpected Reboots: Narrowing Down the Root Cause

Kerros

Cadet
Hello All,

I'm having a frustrating issue currently. My system seems to randomly reboot and I'm trying to figure out why. I went around various forums trying a couple of fixes but have yet to find one that's sticking. I've already tried exploring:
  • /var/db/system/cores
  • /data/crash (empty)
  • /var/log/messages
Nothing to indicate a software-related issue. My original thought was because of CPU overload but after watching carefully the highest I saw the load when running my only jail was 70%. Here are the system specs:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • Power Supply: Corsair RM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance 24 GB (2 x 4 and 2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1866 CL9 Memory (It is not a memory-related issue I've done testing with this already)
  • Storage (OS): 512 GB SSD (for main OS)
  • Storage: 12 TB WD Red HDD 5600 RPM
A few other observations:
  • The issue is not related to Memory.
  • The issue might be related to Power consumption?
  • The issue is not due to overheating of any components.
  • I've disabled S.M.A.R.T and Scrubbing on my SSD as I know that was a problem of 11.3 (I wanted to try it)
  • No tasks running daily or weekly that I set myself at least that might be causing the issue (perhaps a default is triggering it?)
I would like some advice as to where to go from here. Thoughts?

sretalla