Random Reboots

eppo120

Cadet
I have built out a Truenas system with some old parts I had laying around, and bought some HDDs to go in it.
My system is as follows:

Intel i7-2600s
ASUS P8Z77-M
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R (4x8)
6X HGST Ultrastar 6TB 7200RPM
Intel E1G42ET (Dual 1gb Card)
Supermicro AOC-STGN-I2S Dual Port 10GB SFP+ Intel 82599 rev 2.0 Controller NIC
CORSAIR RM Series (2021), RM750

Some background:
Once I had first put it together, I had some random reboots. I did some memory tests to find that one of my sticks of memory was bad. I have since replaced it, and ran memtest86, twice for good measure, and there are no more issues with memory.

Even after replacing the memory, I am still having random reboots. I had a 500W Corsair power supply in it. I have read of people having issues with the power supply here, so I upgraded it to a Corsair RM750. After the upgrade, I was still having random reboots.
I thought it might be the 10GB NIC, so I just pulled that to try.
I have an ubuntu VM on my proxmox server, that uses a root drive on an NFS share on this Truenas server. I am running the stress --hdd 4 --timeout 900s to test the storage. Once I run that command, I can get the Truenas server to reboot.

I'm looking for help from the community to troubleshoot this issue.
What are some next steps to try and figure out what is causing these random reboots?
Thank you all for any help that you could provide.

Joe

eppo120

Cadet
One thing of note. When I came back up from the reboot after removing the 10GB card, the interface still remained. I ran the stress command with that still in place, and the system rebooted on its own.
When it came back from that reboot, I removed the Interface associated with that card, and have run many stress tests, and can no longer get it to randomly reboot.
This leaves me with 2 questions:
1) Is the Supermicro AOC-STGN-I2S Dual Port 10GB SFP+ Intel 82599 rev 2.0 Controller NIC Supported by Truenas, and should I just go out and get a Chelsio card?
2) Are there any other ways that I can stress test the NAS to try and force these random reboots?
Thank you,
Joe

eppo120

Cadet
System has been running with no issues for almost 6 days now, after removing that Supermicro AOC-STGN-I2S Dual Port 10GB SFP+ Intel 82599 rev 2.0 Controller NIC.
If that Card is using the Intel 82599 chip, Why would it be causing any issues?
Thanks,

Joe