Synology and FreeNAS Not Playing Nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTPN

Cadet
Hi folks,

Let me pretense this post by saying, I think this is a Synology issue and not a FreeNas One.

However, as we are migrating away from Synology and onto a FreeNAS box I wanted to see if the community could help me out :)

I have built my FreeNas Box and everything looks great, I can even connect to the SMB Shares on my clients no problem.

However, when I try to mount the remote folder on my Synology I get the following error:

Code:
"Failed to connect to the remote folder. Please make sure the remote server is accessible via CIFS protocol."

This is what the remote mount folder dialogue looks like:

As I said, I can mount this just fine on my client devices (Windows, Mac) no problem....but on the synology, it throws a wobbly.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
As I said, I can mount this just fine on my client devices (Windows, Mac) no problem.
You are using the same login name and password to mount the same share elsewhere and it works, but on the Synology system it fails.
That is an interesting question.

MrTPN

Cadet
You are using the same login name and password to mount the same share elsewhere and it works, but on the Synology system it fails.
That is an interesting question.

Yep! Same username and password works just fine on my clients. Just not the Synology and it’s puzzling me beyond belief.

It’s a fresh install, one pool setup and one share with a Single username and password. That share was assigned to said user account too

sretalla