Supermicro X9DRH-7TF and Intel 750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudde

Explorer
I cant get my Intel 750 SSD to play along with my X9DRH-7TF.
I've updated bios to the latest version available from SM's website.
According to Supermicro i should be able to set the bios to "UEFI boot mode" but i cant find any settings similar to that inside bios.
While installing Freenas I choose "UEFI boot" option.

I've never installed a NVMe drive outside windows environment before so maybe I have missed some essential settings?
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What are you trying to do with the 750? Define "not playing along".

pschatz100

Guru
I suspect that your motherboard does not support booting from NVMe devices. I spent a lot of time on Supermicro's website reading up on m.2 and NVMe support, and all references to compatible motherboards are X10 level boards or newer. I was planning to add a new SSD to my X9-SCM system and ended up using a SATA3 device.

Dudde

Explorer
Well it seems like that might be the case. Doe Supermicros support never said anything about NVMe shouldn't work with this board when i was in contact with the, regarding this issue. But i have tried everything I can think of and still not working.
So what kind of SSD would you guys recommend for a SLOG device if i cant use NVMe devices?

pschatz100

Guru
I'm pretty sure that FreeBSD 10 and FreeNAS provide drivers for NVMe devices, which means you can use them for data. You just cannot boot from them if your motherboard doesn't support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.