SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SSH-LN4F-O Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Holtz

Contributor
I'm starting to put together what I want in my really-good FreeNAS box. One of the boards that is catching my eye is the SuperMicro MBD-X11SSH-LN4F-O motherboard. Some of the features that are catching my eye are:
  • 64GB Max memory using DDR4
  • 8 SATA Ports
  • m.2 SSD Connector
Anyone have any experience with this motherboard? It appears that I can use the m.2 as the boot drive, and still have all eight ports for the NAS drives, but I'm not 100% sure on this point. It should fit the Fractal Node 804 case.

Also, will the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO fit this board? It should be compatible.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It appears that I can use the m.2 as the boot drive, and still have all eight ports for the NAS drives,
Yes you can, but only with PCI-e M.2 SSDs. The board only takes PCI-e anyway, so SATA M.2 SSDs just won't work at all.

Also, will the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO fit this board?
Why wouldn't it? Why would you want it, though?

pdenommee

Dabbler
Is there any way to know if the motherboard BIOS will support Xeon v6? Many stores descriptions still indicate that the motherboard is not compatible with Xeon v6. There seems to be obsolescent boards on sale here and there and when I read that it is a final sale with no return allowed, I have my doubts about the BIOS version that cannot be updated without a supported CPU in the socket or a $23 software licence from supermicro.

Status
Not open for further replies.