Stuck job alerts.process_alerts

marmoset

Dabbler
Running TrueNAS-SCALE-21.08-BETA.2, I tried to add a replication task (had one in the past, had to delete to get rid of a bunch of unwanted docker/k8 snapshots), and when I clicked add on the task it never completed. Going to the web interface in another tab, storage and dashboard tabs are now blank, and if I look at job history the alerts.process_alerts job has been running for many hours:

Screenshot from 2021-10-09 18-41-12.png

If I reboot it, things are back to normal, but still no replication task, and trying to add it again results in the same behavior.

Any ideas about where to look to figure out what's going on?

Thanks!

marmoset

Dabbler
Wanted to get the storage info back, so went to reboot, but it looks like that is now blocked (by this?).

Code:
root@truenas:~# ps auxww |grep SHUTDOWN
root     1281064  0.0  0.0 177564 23784 ?        Ssl  17:47   0:00 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/midclt call -job initshutdownscript.execute_init_tasks SHUTDOWN
root     1283354  0.0  0.0   5204  2280 pts/23   S+   17:53   0:00 grep SHUTDOWN
root@truenas:~# date
Mon Oct 11 17:54:49 PDT 2021
root@truenas:~#

Just going to sysrq it, but I'm sure I can recreate by trying to set up a replication task again if there's any ideas about how to further debug.

PackElend

Explorer
If this question is still open may this discussion helps you:
Manual S.M.A.R.T. test "stuck" at 99% (aka: the TrueNAS GUI is lying!) :angry face: | TrueNAS Community
I did a S.M.A.R.T. Long version and from then, it appeared. Removing pools, and moving System Data Set from HDD pool (I created that one first, so the system moved it automatically from boot to HDD pool) to SDD pool and some reboots resolved it but it kept appearing in the Task Manager but was not listed in Jobs.

As I was setting up the system anyway from scratch, I reinstalled it, so it is gone now.