Stuck at alert.process_alerts

suppaduppax

Dabbler
Every now and then my truenas server runs alert.process_alerts process and it stays at 0% and doesn't make any progress. What is this and why does it get stuck? It's happened after creating a replication task and never actually completes the creation of that replication task, although i'm not sure if it's related. When it's stuck like this, I'm unable to see my zpools, or dashboard. I can do some things like view running services but i cannot start any services.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 2.39.31 PM.png

andrew_H

Cadet
this just happened to me, same scenario, replication task to another truenas box, failed to finish creating. How was this resolved.

suppaduppax

Dabbler
I didn't resolve it. I just restart every time. I haven't made another replication task since tho so it hasn't happened again. I dont know what's going on.

andrew_H

Cadet
next time this happens ill have to report it. I have rebooted as well and restored functionality, thanks!

PackElend

Explorer
Is it reported as I got the same but it could be that is related to Manual S.M.A.R.T. test "stuck" at 99% (aka: the TrueNAS GUI is lying!) :angry face: | TrueNAS Community
I did a S.M.A.R.T. Long version and from then, it appeared. Removing pools, and moving System Data Set from HDD pool (I created that one first, so the system moved it automatically from boot to HDD pool) to SDD pool and some reboots resolved it but it kept appearing in the Task Manager but was not listed in Jobs.

As I was setting up the system anyway from scratch, I reinstalled it, so it is gone now.