Storage

Lale

Cadet
Hey guys, I have just installed Truenas on my mini PC, went thru the installation, and logged in to the interface, now the interface does not see my disk when I am trying to create a pool, but the disk is under the "Disks" section, have I missed a step when installing the OS?

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 60

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Your one disk is being used for the OS boot pool. You need multiple data disks and also one or two boot disks in order to run TrueNAS. A "mini PC" is not going to be suitable for a TrueNAS server.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Yes, you can, and already are. It's being used for the boot pool, which stores the operating system. You need at least one additional disk to create a data pool to store your data. We typically recommend a minimum of two disks for a data pool in order to provide redundancy.

sretalla