Sonarr - Official Community App backup fails

mervincm

Contributor
This is easily reproducible (for me at least)
TrueNas Scale 22.12.2, soinarr 3.0.10.1567_1.0.1
Apps, Available Apps, search for sonarr, click install on the blue official app
give it a unique application name and app port if the defaults are taken, hit save
wait for it to be deployed, click the web portal button
In the Sonarr portal, click System on the left-hand side, then backup, then backup now
You will see failed in the bottom left corner.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You're using a container... those options are available for non-containerized installs (where the system/app filesystem is writable).

You need to look into backing up the container (using something like heavyscript), not using the app's own feature for that.

mervincm

Contributor
You're using a container... those options are available for non-containerized installs (where the system/app filesystem is writable).

You need to look into backing up the container (using something like heavyscript), not using the app's own feature for that.

I appreciate the prompt reply, but this doesn't ring accurate. It's been a while, but I am 90% positive that I used this function in docker. It also works properly today in the TrueCharts version of sonarr. Using the app built in functionality is a critical feature for portability since sometimes we are forced to switch platforms (look at TrueChart breaking changes)
Heavy script is really interesting, but it is not a portable solution.

aednichols

Dabbler
I appreciate the prompt reply, but this doesn't ring accurate. It's been a while, but I am 90% positive that I used this function in docker. It also works properly today in the TrueCharts version of sonarr. Using the app built in functionality is a critical feature for portability since sometimes we are forced to switch platforms (look at TrueChart breaking changes)
Heavy script is really interesting, but it is not a portable solution.
+1 I migrated Radarr successfully with the app’s backup/restore. In that case, I migrated from the TrueCharts to the iX Community version.

mervincm

Contributor

A good point was raised by aednichols, so I just tested it. Backup and restore works properly for your community Radarr app. As far as I have seen, it is only the ix community version and only the Sonarr app with non-functional backup/restores.

(and thanks to aednichols for creating the issue in git!)

If we need more examples of why portability is important, it seems TrueChart *arr apps had another round of breaking changes just yesterday
https://truecharts.org/news. I realize how unfair it is for me to be critical of a service I don't contribute financially to ... but I need to get off that rollercoaster :)

aednichols

Dabbler
Yeah, I would guess virtually everyone runs these apps via Docker at this point, seeing as it's so often recommended.