Sonarr 2.0.0.5344 - to 3.0.5.1144

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Hello everyone,

I Just updated my radarr to 3.0.2.4552 and decided to look to see if my sonarr has an update which it normally updates automatically so I didn't think it did which to my plugin it doesn't.

It says Sonarr Version 2.0.0.5344 with Mono Version 6.8.0.105 and when going to the update page it seems I'm on the current and most up to date version.

Now when looking at the github I found 17 days ago that https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/releases/tag/v3.0.5.1144 was posted.

However my plug in on truenas core seems to not find it.
I'm running
Version:
TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1
and
Sonarr Version 2.0.0.5344
Mono Version 6.8.0.105
on jail 12.1-rrelease-p13

Does anyone know why it isn't finding the update? or do you have to install manually?

Thank you,
Joe

gt2416

Patron
The sonarr v3 can be installed with pkg install sonarr-devel

gt2416

Patron
No idea, my best guess is that v3 is considered a development build on FreeBSD so sonarr won't see it as an update option. Also v3 needs mono 6.8 which wasnt on pkg until recently, but im just guessing.

FrankNAS

Contributor
well, as sonarr-devel was remove from ports (and eventually will be removed from pkg) it just means that the pkg system will bug you about it. it will hopefully resolve sonarr-devel into a similar sonarr pkg but im not 100% sure.

as for how sonarr itself handles updates you can go master -> develop/nightly but cant revert back to master. generally using those branches in production is not a good idea as things can break, however most of the *arr applications tend not to make major breaking changes from commit to commit

kn51

Dabbler
@FrankNAS, do you keep up on sabznbd? I see work is being done on it but was wondering if you had anymore knowledge on a port for the newest version.

FrankNAS

Contributor
that port tends to lag behind source by quite a bit. I built an updated package about two weeks ago when people were bugging me about it elsewhere. you can grab it where my other packages are or bug the port maintainer for that port to update it...or both :)

package was built using ports system and from what I recall I only bumped the version to use latest version